1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

afraid of letting sister into my life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ICTOAUN, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ICTOAUN

My sister and I have never gotten along. Recently though, she apologized for being a pain in my ass, and said that shed like a closer relationship with me. I can tell she is trying to change her ways, and actually be nice to me. She says I love you, invites me places, and even did my laundry once. I appreciate her being nice to me.. I just don't know if I can be as close to her as shed like. She doesn't know I'm gay, and my sis is the type who always talks about boys. Its super awkward when she asks me what boys I'm into or who I like because I don't want to lie, but feel like I have to. U see, I have a secret gf (3 yrs we have been together. She is great). I can't tell my sis about my gf cuz my gf is 24 and she wud flip if she found out I was dating somone who is the same age as her bf. I don't know how to hang out with her without feeling like I'm always hiding something from her. I just need some advice. Any kind of advice is appreciated.
    Sticky situation cuz I want her in my life but I can also only let her in so far because I'm closeted

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm going to state the obvious and say that maybe you should consider coming out. It would do a whole lot to ease the tension of the situation after the initial dust-up. I think it's great that you guys are getting closer and stuff, but she'll find out eventually. You can't keep it a secret for forever. Now is as good of a time as any.

My advice to you is to come out to her now, but still keep your girlfriend on the down-low for a while. Let her deal with your coming out first before you drop anything else on her. If she seems accepting after you come out, then just tell her about your girlfriend. You're 18. You're an adult. You can date anyone you want. She's dating a 24 year old so what's the big deal if you're dating one too?

3. ICTOAUN

I'm still 17 until april.
    She's 20 so its not weird that she's dating a 24 yr old.
    And ya I've thot about coming out to her before. It cud potentially bring us closer together. I just don't trust her to keep my secret or blackmail me or something. She can b pretty malicious.
    I also suck at lying so If I come out to her, ill know shell ask about my gf and if I'm dating her. And I really don't want her knowing that we r together