1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having thoughts of dying

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kris B, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kris B

Its the new year and I started to think about what might my future be like. I had a lonely holiday break. And I am just depressed thinking nothing will work out. I am doomed to live the rest of my life far away from my family because they will never understand me, I am doomed to live alone and not experience anything I wanted from life. I know this isn't healthy but after a brief reprieve of a couple of months, my thoughts of dying are back.

2. Young Anonymous

Right with ya, I've done squat this holiday break. We've all been there, every person on this forum.
    We're all here for you (&&&)

3. stupidIvan

I've had similar thoughts over the course of last year, of just giving up because it's like there's nothing for you. I eventually figured that if there's nothing for me, I have to MAKE something for me! I'm unhappy with my appearance, so I plan to do more exercise! Doing that (I hope) will give me the self-confidence to go and do other things (talk to that cute girl at the coffee shop, go out to parties, stuff like that). Rome wasn't built in a day, and it started out with a bunch of blank land.

It well get better, sweetheart, don't worry!!!!!!!! :::: ))

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. We're here for you and care about you. Hang in there, things will get better in time. You'll find people that you can relate to and that will love you and you'll find happiness. Take it one step at a time and keep writing on here because it helps. Life seems like a dark tunnel at times but eventually you'll get to a place where you can see the light side of life more clearly. And then you'll realize you're a better person for having gone through the hard times. People on here can understand about pain and we're always here. (*hug*) Don't give up, it's worth it to keep living.

5. kris B

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your kind words :slight_smile:

6. Mogget

It's quite normal to think about dying, but it can also be a symptom of depression, and it sounds like it might be in your case. If you're finding these thoughts distressing or disturbing, I would encourage you to talk to a therapist or counselor. I've dealt with depression and suicidal ideation quite heavily, and would be happy to help you find appropriate help.

7. Tracker57

Kris: I used to think I was alone and then I found out I was not at all. No, my family will not understand me...but then how much can any of us truly understand someone else? Everyone is weird in one way or another. I just enjoy being the strange one and bug the hell out of them. It's fun to watch. But there are other people in the world who are feeling just like you...go find them. You will be happier and the other person will be happier, too.

And thoughts of death aren't terrible. But they are a sign of depression. I suffer from it and it is treatable and you can be completely better. I used to think it was a life sentence of feeling bad. Working with my doctors, I found out I can completely control this monster and YOU CAN TOO. Get some help quickly. If your thoughts turn to thoughts of suicide, get help immediately. You will be so glad that you did.

Here's a long distance hug from someone who's out there and not understood either!

Tracker