1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company Contract

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Dare2bProud

Hello! I am attempting to get a hold of my formers managers of a touring company I worked for a year ago. They never gave me a copy of my contract and I am considering starting my own company, however, I need the contract I signed with them to make sure I am abiding by the non-competitive agreement. I had sent one email to the managing director and executive director and neither have responded promptly to my email. I have also called and left a voice mail but no one has bothered to call me back. If I don't have a copy of this contract and they are not honoring my request to send it to me, does that make it null and void? Since they are non-responsive towards my requests what should I do? Thanks!

PS. There is no HR or anyone higher. It is a private mom and pop owned company. The Exedcutive Director is the highest. :astonished:)

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well this is definitely something you need support/advice about though definitely different to see it on EC lol. :slight_smile: Umm I can't answer the question because for me I just have no idea, I'm sure others do, but I can prescribe a good website that the admin answers a lot of questions regarding jobs. http://www.askamanager.org at the moment though the site may be down, not 100% sure though if it is or just my computer can't access it today.

Note: I do hope this site is allowed to be linked, it doesn't provide any of my personal info, but it is technically someone's blog. Admins/mods, feel free to remove it if it does violate the rule and I apologize if it does.

3. JamesD

No, it doesn't void the contract.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd just call and leave a message, AND perhaps send them another e-mail/letter (and keep a copy). Just say that you're hoping to start your own company, and you want to be sure that you're abiding by everything in your old contract. And if there's something that you need to be made aware of, if they would please contact you as soon as they can.

I'd say, legally, you're still probably not on totally firm ground, but I also think if they DO have any issue with it, they'll probably take it up with you now.

Lex

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Their failure to provide a copy of an agreement that you signed (and presumably received a copy of at the time) would not negate the agreement. If you violated it at some later point, they would be within their rights to file suit (or whatever other remedies are provided for in the agreement), and as long as a copy of the agreement is filed with the court, then they can prove their case.

Try blocking your caller ID and then calling. Or call from a friend's phone. They might be intentionally avoiding your calls. Or they could simply have been closed for the holidays too.