1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of needs???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MommaFrog, Jan 3, 2012.

1. MommaFrog

So, I had a GREAT appointment with my therapist today. I am really benefiting from going to see him.

Today he asked me to make a list of needs for our next session. Things I need to be happy and healthy right now. Physical and Emotional needs...

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?

Im not really sure what to put... It's kind of puzzling at the moment ((I just got home from the session))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side note:

I am starting to feel trapped in my own home ((My therapist knows this))

I feel exactly like I did when I was wish my abusive soon-to-be-ex-husband.... I want out, but I have no way out. No car, nowhere to live, and I cant leave town because I have a child with my soon-to-be-ex-husband and I can get in serious trouble with the judge for leaving town ((our daughter lives with me))....

Anyone know of govt help for housing in FL

2. JamesD

Sounds like those needs are things only you can identify. My needs, and anyone else's needs will be vastly different than yours. Can you think of one thing that would make your life easier, more healthy or comfortable right now?

3. Hidinginalabama

What do you think you need to talk about with him. Why did you go to see him? I hate to say it but these are questions that you have to think of. But I think you know what yoyu want to ask him.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would firstly like to say im glad your session went well.

I would say maybe look at Maslows hierachy of needs, I think this explains a lot about your situation, I would say you probably have most of your basic needs met as in food, and air etc, but then lack possibly some of the safety needs and definately the belonging and loving needs, which is why you are struggling in general, you need to have these needs met before you can thrive and live a healthy and fulfilling life.

Im not saying the chart is the be all and end all of everything, but perhaps it might give you some idea. I dont know if your therapist will be able to help you but I would have said the the thing you need most at the moment is a safe, secure and supportive place in which you can live because as you stated in your post you feel threatened and almost in danger in your own home.

5. FleetFish

So does he mean things you need to be happy while staying in your current situation? Because the first thing I would say you "need" is to get out of there... But I totally realize that isn't feasible at the moment.

If we mean semi-immediate needs:
    1. A job (so you have money to go do fun stuffs and work towards getting a car, etc.)
    2. A car
    3. ???

Emotional needs:
    1. Local friends to hang out with
    2. ???

Long-term needs:
    1. Move out on your own
    2. (Get court permission to move out of town?)
    3. ???

That's all I can really think of... Only you really know what you need/want, though.

(*hug*)