1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a boyfriend... :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Suiadan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Suiadan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep worrying I won't find someone. I really do want to know what its like to have the feelings of love and acting upon them. I want to be able to have the stupid teenage love that everyone else is getting. But, I can't seen to find anyone. I never realized how hard it is to find gay guys as a teen. I didn't know how hard finding love was going to be. I was just wondering if it gets easier to find people as you get older because I don't want to be like 24 and boyfriendless :dry:... Anyway if you have any tips or advise please let me know, Thanks. :thumbsup:

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

First off, welcome to EC. ^_^

Ok, you're 15. You're too young to be worried about something like this right now in my opinion. You should be worried about school and your friends, and finding out who you are, not love. And, realistically, very few relationships that people your age have will ever last beyond high school. That means heartache. That means relationship baggage. That means drama and awkward passes in the hallways. Save the magic and stuff for when you get older and you can really appreciate it, and savor it. Don't burn yourself on it just for the sake of having a boyfriend. A boyfriend isn't always a good thing.

But yes, it does get easier to meet people as you get older because you have more independence. You'll know what you like and you'll hopefully know what you stand for, you'll know what you want to do with your life. People are more mature and most people won't play the petty games that are so prevalent in high schools. I met my first boyfriend when I was 19. There's nothing wrong with living the single life at 24 either, by the way.

You still have years and years and years to meet boys. Just relax and enjoy life. They will come.

#2 Kidd, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  3. hml8

hey welcome to EC

I can only really echo Kidd's sentiments on this matter.

Also a friend once said that if you search you want find anyone until you stop. I don't know whether his theory was that it seems desperate or whether it's actually like an old wives tale or something. But I think there's an element of truth about it, just go with the flow and if you find someone great, if you don't then don't worry about it!

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you've got time. I was 24 and boy friendless and I survived.

You need to learn to become independent before you start worrying about dying alone.

Hang in there

5. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get where you are coming from it kinda sucks especially when people around you are in relationships and you really want to know the feeling of it and love and be loved in that way. I don't know if I can really offer any advice because I am kinda in the same boat but it will happen when it does so I kinda have to take my own advice here too and just wait because it is really not that important at our age. When we get older I guess it will be easier to find someone because ther will be more opportunities later.

6. Suiadan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I have thought about that as well, since school is more important to me anyway and I have so much time to worry about love... Thanks for the advise guys.

7. Colton

They're not that great >_>

And trust me, in high school, it is a lot easier without a boyfriend than with one.

8. Suiadan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha yeah, it made more sense to me after I posted this... I just thought about it and thought well, maybe it would be easier without one XD