1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay and going to join wrestling.... worries

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by behind glass, Jan 5, 2012.

1. behind glass

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I have always wanted join the school wrestling team and my friend has kinda talked me into it even thought the season already started. The the part I am not looking forward to is being so close to another guy and maybe end up getting aroused. The main reason I fear this is because my friend would be in the same weight class as me and we would end up practicing together (he doesn't know I'm gay) I'm kinda afraid that if I do end up getting excited and he can tell that I am then there might be some problems. I don't know how he or others would react to it. :eusa_doh:

If anyone has any advice it would be really helpful.

2. Shevanel

I'm pretty sure most wrestlers get unexpected/unwanted erections all the time, regardless of sexuality. Try not to worry about it. :slight_smile:

3. Mogget

According to one of my friends who used to wrestle, hot as it looks, the experience itself is about the least sexy thing imaginable.

4. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to wrestling camp for a week with one of my good friends and it didn't happen. My suggestion is to go all out every time. If you imagine that your against someone you don't lie, you'll have more aggression than thoughts of 'he's hot'. It worked for me. GOOD LUCK :slight_smile:

5. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

i never wrestled but wrestling wtih your friend at home that you secretly like is differnt that sport wrestling. once you hit the ring, you are there to win. you mind will go to that area because there is a lot of pressure on you.

also, think about it like this, there are gay men everywhere and also in sports (soccer, hockey, football, swimming, basketball, etc.). i'm sure many are in hiding and also thought "what if i get excited and accidentally out myself in the locker room if i get an erection or on the court, or on teh field, or ....." my point is this, you have to do what you want to do and you can't stop doing a sport or anything just because you are gay and you may like someone. focus on the sport when you are there and you'll be fine.

6. theWorldisYours

I have to agree with some of the previous posts. I enjoy play wrestling as foreplay, but the actual sport is not exciting. Some of the positions are painful, and when your actually competing, it definitely feels more like a fight than like erotic foreplay haha. I think you'll be fine.

p.s. I'm a swimmer! I'm around hot guys wearing pretty much nothing all the time haha. I've never gotten an erection while practicing or competing.

7. Wolfy

I've done wrestling, and many, many guys have gotten erections during a match. The straightest guy I know had one, once. So don't worry about it. They all do once in a while.

8. pace e amore

I was in wrestling when i was in high school and i never got wood, i was too focused on beating the everloving sh!t out of my opponent.

9. Hidinginalabama

When I was in high school I was in wrestling and as hard as the work outs were you never has the time to get wood. And when I would compeat. All I could think of was beating him. And there is a lot of pain that is involved in the sport so I don't think you will have to worry about it. Trust me when your in a head lock trying to breath it will be the last thing on your mind. And best of luck with it man. Its a lot of fun you let it be. :thumbsup:

10. Friendly ghost

Yeah it actually doesn't happen often, in fact, the entire time I wrestled I don't think it ever happened. We suspected it once, but the guy wasn't even wrestling. it isn't going to happen. It takes a lot of energy and a lot of different muscles to wrestle, which will pull all your concentration and blood off of that. Its very physical, and you have to be very aware of whats going on.

I wrestled lots of guys, one of which was on my team and I had a huge crush on. Though that isn't what I called it, since I somehow thought I was straight at the time. I even wrestled girls, which is a terrible thing. I was so awkward, I already wasn't great with knowing how to act around women. She was tall and actually had boobs. It just isn't fair usually when it comes to upper body. But my point is, whether I liked it or not, I still was supposed to. You just don't even think about it when you are wrestling.