1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to move out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrism29, Jan 5, 2012.

1. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay so my familys relashionship in bad for the most part but i feel as tho i would be better off living by my self im not sure why i hate living at home so much i guess i just feel like an outcast (there supportive of me). how do i tell them i feel this way? also how do i tell them i am want to move out?

thanks

2. bdman

Dude, live with your parents as long as you possibly can and save money.

If they are supportive of you, talking to them about any subject shouldn't be too difficult.
    If they are not supportive (my world)...I got nothing cause I don't have a clue what to do for myself.

Seriously supportive parents should listen to what you have to say. In a way, I always felt like an outcast. I come from a large family, and have several cousins of which I am among the oldest. Every year I watch how their lives progress (marriage, kids) while mine stays the same.

3. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your parents are supportive, then the problem is probably not in them. I'm kinda getting the feeling that even if you were to move out, your feelings of being an outcast would follow you.

Just a guess.

4. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i donno i guess i feel like im a huge burden on my familly and i feel as though i cause alot of problems and stress because of who i am...i almost feel as tho if i break away from them they will be better off

5. bdman

I think I can understand how you feel, but I can't think of any circumstances where they would be better off. You said they support you, its very likely they do that because they love you, and need you to be a part of their lives. Talk to them.

6. chrism29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for your advice i really appreciate it i am going to talk to them and sort some things out. also i am really sorry to hear about how things went for you (*hug*)