1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could use some help/ ranting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Jan 5, 2012.

1. stumble along

so as some of you guys may know ive been having a crush on someone in my old governement class and im almost to the point of madness because there is almost no doubt in my mind that this guy is not straight, or however straight you have to be to not be noticibly into other people

first day we got back to school was today, hes in my economics class i sit with my friend because its the first class i ever had with her and i was relieved i didnt have to sit near this guy, but hes sitting behind her and when i turned to talk to her and he looked over at me and i did the weird head nod thing signifying hello. I did not do or remember doing (i had 10 minutes of sleep in the past 48 hours and only 2 things of yogurt for food, needless to say i was hallucinating) anything to bring attention to myself before during or after that class so yeah what gives :bang:

and the girl i sit with i already told her who i like and dont like so after we were getting books for the class she thought we were late but i remided her that the guy and other people were behind us and she just looks at me with this smug face like 'i see what you did there' and then she checks him out and says 'meh' (to be honest hes far from my type, but ill take what i can get) and it turns out she cant really see how he can be so, enticing? idk , because back when they were little she used to bully/bother him (which i thought was kind of funny, when i was little was the exact opposite, it was a bit of a game to chase around all the girls i liked back then :lol:slight_smile: but then i told here that there were other people i was interested in as well but she knows them as well and its frustrating because she keeps telling me to meet people and guys and im like HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW ALL THESE PEOPLE

i was planning on messaging him again about a test we had to take on a book and just bringing up conversation but i dont really know how to take it from here.

frustrations, this probably didnt even make much sense but whatever

2. Dalmatian

Can you use the "how can you know all these people" thing of your friend's to get to know a bit more about this guy? Maybe she can find out if he's actively interested in girls, if he might be gay, even what he thinks about you.
    And besides, text him about that assignment. You don't have to tell him anything. Just try to look at it as "just gonna talk about school" and it will be easy to do, but in the same time it wil feel great to be talking to him. Then later you can decide to tell him other stuff. Don't let the fact you don't know how to get him to like you prevent you from even nodding at him without worrying about it :wink: Look at it from his point of view: you are a guy who doesn't even acknowledge his existence.

On the subject of types; the fact that she says "meh" for the guy you say "oh god" for, that really means nothing :slight_smile: If you like him, you like him. I am not sure if I am reading what you said right, but I can nevertheless say this: don't try to live by other people's metrics. As much as you don't agree with male friends on who you find attractive, you don't have to agree with female ones either, although it might seem easier since it's closer to you as it is at least the same sex you can talk about. It's still conformism and still running away from yourself. Don't get me wrong; this is an advice, nothing more :slight_smile: So if you think an "objectively" unattractive guy is cute, stick to it and enjoy the sight.

#2 Dalmatian, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>ive been having a crush on someone in my old governement class and im almost to the point of madness...

>>>to be honest hes far from my type, but ill take what i can get

I'm having trouble reconciling these two. I mean, I can accept "He's not the type I usually go for, but for some reason, I really like him", but that's not really what you said.

Lex

4. stumble along

yeah i meant it like that, sorry for the confusion

and by the 'ill take what i can get' i mean by that if i like someone and they like me back and there arent any other people involved ill take it instead of waiting for anything better