1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf Happened?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AloneOutHere, Jan 6, 2012.

1. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So yesterday I was hanging out with one of my best friends ashley and i was feeling really confident. We were just lying on the ground looking up at the clouds and talking. We were really getting into some deep stuff. It got quiet for a moment as if we were both thinking (i was and i was thinking about coming out to her). Right as i decided i was going to she said 'alex..' and i said 'yeah'. i was really nervous because she said she had something to tell me and then i said i had something to tell her. of cousre she said she was gonna go first.. its ashley. I was ready, really ready to say it. IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN! YES!!! and then..

the three words...

i love you.

when they came out of her mouth i was like HOLY MOTHER:***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***:

i mean my confidence just shattered. i was so confused. i mean there i am ready to tell her that i like guys and she says she loves me... at that moment i knew i couldn't her anymore. It was terrble. Then i had to make some :***: up so that she didn't think i was not telling the truth.

what even happened?? HOW??? I am sooo confused!!!

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

awh darlin its gunna be alright

3. jlg65

Well you can love her back as a friend. Come out to her if you are comfortable. Tell her that you are gay but she is like a sister to you at that's the love you have for her.

4. Ridiculous

My opinion in these sorts of situations is always thus: the longer you take to tell her, the more she'll become attached and the more hurt she'll feel when she does find out. So, the sooner you tell her you're gay, the better.

You shouldn't blame yourself for this hurt though, because it sounds like it was something it was impossible for you to avoid. It's just an unfortunate thing that has happened and no one is to blame.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats tough, but you just have to be honest with her. At the end of the day, even if you weren't gay its no guarantee that you would like her like that. I think let her down and come out to her at the same time.

6. sanguine

i agree with rediculous

i went through the same thing, at the same age and everything, when i decided to tell her i as gay she was happier than i was, i told her this 2 years later though but i never gave her a reason to why i could not return the feeling, except as a really really good friend, and now id like to say she is my best friend also.

she even made an account on this site for me, now thats friendship

7. Katelynn

Did she offer any explanation after she dropped the word 'love' on you or did she just say it & leave things hanging out there or, even beyond that, was she waiting for you to return the same statement back to her? What was her tone of voice when she said it? It could always be possible that she simply meant 'I love you as a friend,' but given how you've explained this, it doesn't sound likely. I agree with the above, don't drag it out too long to tell her you can't love her back the same way, otherwise, you'll both get hurt...