1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tremors from coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jlg65, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jlg65

Since coming to terms with being gay and getting outed by my parents, I decided I needed to break up with my girlfriend. I love her but it was more of a sibling love than anything. I feel awful now after doing this. I couldn't tell her I was gay because I'm not ready for that so I couldn't offer a real reason for the break up. She is really upset and hurt and I'm at loss for what to do. Any help?? Thanks

2. Hidinginalabama

All I can say is tell her the truth. I think she will understand and accept you. You did the right thing cause it's better to let her go so she can find some one the she can love and be loved by. It's not easy what you did but it had to happen some time and sooner is better than later. Hope every thing works out like you want. And don't forget that it does get better.

3. Valeyard

I am actually going through the same thing right now. I haven't actually broken up with her yet, but I sometimes think that I should. She already knows I like guys, and is okay with it.