1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate this!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Danny19

Hey guys. so i have never had a crush on a boy. Before i totally accepted that i was gay, i used to have crushes on girls. But never on guys. Now i fully accepted that im gay and it was going good, no crushes, just checking guys out. all good. However, the past semester there was this guy that was in 2 of my classes. To be honest, i never even talked to him. All i know is he is smart and nice. From what i noticed. And he is a cute baseball player at college. Now i kept thinking about him but i didnt think much of it though. Then i started having dreams about him. Like 5 days straight with him in my dreams type of thing. I talked to my friend about it and she said i had a crush, i guess i didnt want to admit it. but i do. but the weird thing is i dont even know him like that. I went creepo status on his facebook and he has a girlfriend. Anyways i havent seen him since the last day of school 3 weeks ago. But i keep thinking about it and i dont like it. I even have kept dreaming about him. Even when i check out guys, i feel like i wont find one like him. and he is pretty hot not super hot like some i have seen.. The last dream i had him felt so real though. like he was here with me. I even kinda opened my eyes and asked if this was real and i went back to sleep and it felt like he was here. But he wasnt. I hate this. Idk how to stop thinking about him. Idk why im even thinking about him this much if i dont even know him. This is too much :bang: . or a sign? lol anyways do you guys have any tips on this kind of situation. thanks in advance

2. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bad crush... I feel for you, I really do.

It sounds like its a fantasy situation from your post. You don't really know him, you just crush from a distance. As hard as it is to have an unreturned crush, at least its safe this way.

He has a girlfriend so is unavailable even if he does like guys. How did you get over your crushes on girls?

When I get a crush I try not to dwell on it too much, to turn my thoughts from it when I do think of them, and to accept that it won't happen so that it doesn't hit me too hard.

But crushing can be pleasant too, and the crush dreams can be very pleasant. Don't be too hard on yourself. Most crushes don't last too long. Enjoy it while you can and try not to compare guys to this guy, but take them on their own merits.

Best of luck!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you're asking if it's a sign that he's gay and waiting for you to sweep him off his feet and away from his girlfriend, unfortunatelyh the answer is probably no. But it may be a sign that you're more ready than you have been to find someone and be in a relationship. Are there any signs whatsoever that he might be gay or bi? If so, then it's possible you're sensing something, but I think it's more likely it's just one of those annoying straight crushes. And as the last poster said, even if he does bat for both teams, he's taken, at least at the moment.

There's no sure-fire cure that I know of for crushes. Just realize that it will fade in time, and hopefully the next guy you crush on will be a little more available. :slight_smile:

4. Danny19

Funny how when i crushed on girls it wasnt like this. Not as strong an attraction.
    I guess i just have to let it pass. Maybe now that i probably wont see him then it will be easier.

I know that its not a sign i was just kidding.. i dont even know him that well, but he doesnt seem gay at all. He just doesnt seem like other guys. LIke a lot of guys our age seem immature especially the ones in sport teams. But not him. He is more quiet and reserved. But thats all i think i know.

yea i guess the best is to forget about him. thanks guys :slight_smile:

#4 Danny19, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012