1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid lying parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (Note this is just a rant)

I am sick of my parents. With regards to homosexuality they say "whatever makes you happy is fine", but that is bull:***:. My father loves an icy pole called a golden gay time, but he calls it a golden happy time because he doesn't want to say the word gay. My mum was watching news on tv and a report about Maddona came up, and it showed the lesbian kiss everybody knows about. Mum was grossed out and called it festy. I tell them about me being a cross dresser and all hell brakes lose. He once said my bi step sister was "bent in the head" to me when I brought it up.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear about your parents reacting negatively toward homosexuality. That can't be easy for you. Considering their reactions right now, it might be best to not mention that sort of thing around them. I know you're only doing it to express who you really are and let them know, but sometimes it might be best to wait a while before doing so. If they do know you're a cross dresser, give them time to digest it without bringing it up again. I know it might be hard to do, but it seems like the best idea in this sort of situation. Is there maybe a school counselor you can talk to about this? See what they think would be a viable option for dealing with your parents? I hope your parents become more accepting of you. :slight_smile:

3. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm worried the school counsellor will tell somebody I'm trans. And I also don't know one, and the closest thing to one is a Christian which hasn't realised God doesn't hate LGBTs.

4. Mad Man L

Judging by the fact that (according to your GF's location in her profile) that you live in a rural, Christian area, it's understandable that they'll react quite negatively.

As tough as it may sound, I'd avoid bringing up the issue a lot at first. If you just suddenly flip a switch and change completely, they'll react very negatively for a very long time. They're saying 'oh it's fine' to avoid an argument with you, and that the fact that they (probably) love the non-trans/lesbian etc. part of you.

5. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I love rants. I'm glad you found a way to expel some of you anger in a safe way. I think you should maybe try to talk to them more and get them to understand you and you point of view

6. ESevee

They trying not hate even though they don't understand and disagree. They don't understand and that's their problem not yours. If you need someone to talk if you have a local college they usually LGBT groups or gay straight alliances that you contact for someone to talk too.