1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I talk to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Earendil, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Earendil

As I explained in my last thread, I'm straight (for the moment) and I'm falling for a gay guy who has been stalking me in school. He's my bff's friend. He likes me and wants to be in a serious relationship with me. People have told me to have time some time alone with him to get to know him better. When I'm in that moment, how should I talk to him? I'm good with girls, not with boys. I'm not so confused now but I'm very nervous because I think I woould spoil it all if I don't know how to talk to him. I don't even know how it is to be with, or kiss, or talk like romnatically or something with a man. What should I do?

2. jlg65

Don't go right for the kissing or romantic talk. What are you into? Invite him over to your house and just chill. Play video games or something. It all kind of falls into place. Don't worry about talking gay stuff, he is a regular person too. Just talk to him like you would talk to your bff. Find common interest and stuff. Just be yourself :slight_smile:

3. Hidinginalabama

Being yourself is the one big part of it. Then just do what you normaly do with your friends or any one for that fact. There is no way that you have to act or be. Just be yourself. That is they guy that he likes and thinks is cute from they way you put it. So just be you. And yes have fun.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How experienced is he?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dating a man isn't much different than dating a woman. :slight_smile: Think of how you'd want to be treated, and treat him even better! Maybe go a little slowly... but follow his lead (to the extent you feel comfortable doing so.

6. Earendil

I think I can deal with this it's just that I'm nervous with it. Thanks to all of you I now know how to deal with this situation. Although I'm still looking for my orientation yet.
    Thanks to all of you!

7. jlg65

It would be nervous your first time. Just remember that he is a normal guy so treat him the same. Its a huge step in finding your orientation so its very normal to be nervous!

8. Ianthe

It probably took a lot of courage for him to tell you how he feels about you. Try not to think of it as him stalking you, any more than it would be if a guy let a girl know that he likes her.

The one thing I would say is to be really clear where you stand from the beginning--you are questioning your orientation and exploring. He needs to know that so he can manage his own feelings and try not to get too attached to you in case it turns out not to work for you.

Other than that, just relax and be yourself, and get to know him better. See how it goes.