1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idk how to feel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rooni321, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Rooni321

So I just ratted out my ex gf to the councilors at our school because she said she was going to kill herself this or next week. I think I mightve just got her sent back to the hospital.
    I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. What triggered it is her breaking up with me because she doesn't want to put me through her dieing.
    I feel like an evil bitch. But I begged her not to do this and we could work it out and all I wanted to do was help her but she was persistant. She was going to do it. She was going to die.
    I hope they put her in there for her own sake. I really care about her, I hope she doesn't lie to them. I'm praying that they put her in there.
    Idk. Should I feel good or bad about this?
    I'm really really sad. I just have mixed feelings everywhere!

Help me! I need support or something :frowning2:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's always a tough spot to be in. I had a friend that I ended up reporting to my councilor because he was going to kill himself. I felt bad for having to tell his secret to somebody, but if I did not tell anybody he would not be here today.

You just have to remember that you did what is best for her, even though she might not realize it right now. You tried to talk to her first as well, so it's not like you just turned her in without trying to help her.

3. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please don't feel bad. You probably just saved her life. And if you and the counciler know she was really going to kill herself, they're gonna get her the help she needs. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING! maybe just text her or call her if you can and tell her that you miss her and love her. Just give her a reason to get better. (*hug*) i hope you feel better

4. Rooni321

I mean I guess I feel a weight lifted but I still feel bad idk.
    I just want to be with her and this was kind of devistating.

5. Chandra

I think you did the right thing. If you hadn't "ratted her out" as you put it, maybe she would be dead now. You may have saved her life.

Try not to be too hard on yourself about this situation. It's definitely not your fault that any of this happened, and it's better that it's now been turned over to professionals who can hopefully help your ex.

6. Rooni321

I do want to write to her. What should I say?

And I know I did the right thing but somehow, it just feels like I have blood on my hands. An I'm terrified that she will lie and won't get the help she needs from the hospital.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no question you did the right thing. And if you're concerned she'll lie to get out... then share that with the people at the hospital.

As far as feeling guilty... you'd feel a heck of a lot more guilty if she succeeded and you hadn't done anything. People who are in their right mind don't try to kill themselves. Which means any time someone says they are going to do so (and acts accordingly) then they *do* need help.

Ultimately, you can't stop her from doing this if she's bound and determined to do it. But you can do your best, and you've done that. Yes, she might be mad in the short term, but hopefully in the longer term she will get the help she needs, the depression will lift, and she will thank you for helping her.

8. Rooni321

Yeah that's true. Its good to know that I'm not hearing from her because she's in the hospital(I hope) not because she killed herself.

Somethings just off, I think I'm just shocked. I can't believe I was the one to put her away.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This also means that you are the one that helped save her life.

10. Rooni321

That's a better way to look at it. It is good that I did this, its just going to take some getting used to I guess. Its so surreal. I remember she was telling me about her other times at the hospital and it seemed distant and unreal because they were only stories to me but now that she's actually back in that position, and because of me, it seems so...real. Its overwhelmingly stressful.

And did your friend ever get better?