1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CanCan3, Jan 10, 2012.

1. CanCan3

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I have this boyfriend and we've been together for years, but it's been a long time since we've gotten romantic. We're long distance, and he will barely talk to me on the phone for 2 minutes without screaming at me. I've managed to calm him down a bit, but he just won't be romantic or affectionate at all. I love him to death though and it kills me that he's being so distant.

The part where I get confused is with this girl. She's been my best friend on and off since the first day of high school. We're both graduated now. All throughout our friendship, we've argued because of my boyfriend, but now we've decided to just leave him out of our conversations so we can have our normal friendship. I was one of the first people she came out to when she did, and she's bi. She started dating this girl, but things didn't work out. They're still best friends and she really loves her. The distance between them is too much, though. For a while, she's been asking me if I like girls. I keep saying no, but she will say certain things to me and send me pictures (not nude pics, but seductive in a way) and start laughing when I freak out. I don't get mad, I just get bashful. It took months after we became friends again for me to tell her she's beautiful, and that was a huge deal. And then I blurted out "I love you" and she got all excited and I started crying when she said it back. We'll joke around and call each other "baby" and stuff, but I'm not sure how much of that is just joking. We can talk for hours and laugh about pretty much anything. I have a great time talking to her, and I almost forget about having a boyfriend.

I've never really had a best friend that I could be completely comfortable with before, so I don't know if this is just something best friends do or is there something more here? Obviously, I love her and I care about her, but the line is kind of hazy.

What is this?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Judging completely and solely from your post...

...she's your friend. That's all.

It sounds clear that she'd like to be more than that, and it sounds like the idea doesn't horrify you or anything. But I don't get any sense of anything beyond that from you. I sense that you really like her, and you love having her in your life, but I don't get any real sense of romantic or sexual attraction towards her. Unless there's more here than you're telling, I'd say she's probably just best-friend material.

That said, dump the boyfriend. :slight_smile:

Lex