1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That's not what I'm asking for!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Raug, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Raug

So. Here I am again. Crying. I've finally broken.

For this to make sense you need a life story.

I grew up in a fantastical world of innocence called childhood. I woke up and the world smiled at me. Until I was five. I began to hear my parents fighting. Yelling.. screaming.. really I didn't even know what about. So my dad took me to my aunts. It was worse there. I have asthma and she smoked... my only choice was to... Be with my... sexually abusive cousin... for the weekend.
    My mother eventually ended up moving out taking my sister and I with her. From then on I woke up to the sound of fighting in the apartment upstairs.. I though there were monsters up there.. I went through school with a stutter and was made fun of. When I cried they began to hit me. This eventually turned inti an everyday thing.. I tried to go home.. I would call my mom.. The secretary began to notice this and stopped letting me use the phone. We then moved a hour away from my father after my mom married some sleazeball. He had two kids. They were my brothers. They are my childhood memories. The biking through the woods. Fighting dragons outside. Pretending we were elemental benders like the ones we saw on avatar the last airbender. Then my mom again took me from my friends.. and my new family.. We moved closer to my dads. The stutter was almost un noticeable now. Though the kids still bullied me. This was the first time I came out... They hated me. They told everyone. I learned to act. Act like I couldn't hear them talking. Act like I fell in front of the teachers. Act like it didn't hurt when they hit me. Act like I was okay. Shame all I knew how to do was act. My grades suffered for it. Hell I could have been the lead in the school plays... that is... if I was socially accepted. I started cutting then. Mom only noticed the very first time. Fag was etched on my hand. Though... the cuts weren't deep so she couldn't read it. Never again was I caught. I finally left that city. To here. Here where I fear for my safety. Here where all I can think of is how to get to class/bus/home safely. How to deal with the few friends I do have. I still am required to act. Act like I'm apathetic. Act like words don't hurt... Act like it doesn't hurt when I'm dragged by my arms. Act like I don't like him. or her.

Lately it's been crashing down on me. I can't deal with it anymore...

My "friends" say I'm over reacting... they say my life isn't so bad. When even they abuse me. All I want is to go back. I want to play pokémon. I want to swim with brothers. I want to be told to go to bed. I want to ... I want to go back and stand up for myself. I ... I don't want you to think I'm looking for attention. I don't want you, The reader, to think that's what I want. I just need to vent... I guess... Either way. Just reading this over makes me want to revisit my friend metal.

2. jlg65

This made me cry. I'm so sorry for what you grew up with. If you need to talk, please message me.

3. stumble along

i kind of know what its like to come from a less than adequate household
    ive moved across the country 4 times, being taken away from friends to a place i was friendless for two, and because of it my grades have taken alot of damage, though to keep the beatings away i still manage, when i moved back i found out my only best friends ditched me, ive been beaten by my parents and treated like shit until i was a sophomore in highschool, ive had things i held dear ripped from my grasp and destroyed or have been denied to provide care for a much loved pet and had to watch it die in my arms, ive been bullied and harassed until highschool started, but by then i developed major social issues including stuttering, i too have witnessed the constant fighting and bickering of parents, and have watched them misdirect their anger towards those who did not cause it, ive been called worthless and stupid, ive been called gay so many times i cant even remember, my parents try to buy me back with stupid trinkets and gifts, it seems no one cares about my opinion or what i have to say, ive been used, ive contemplated suicide so many times in the span of 5 years i probably have thought over 100 different ways to do it, and as recently as last week ive thought about it, and ive have taken the blame for things i did not do

trust me, more people than you think are in a similar situation, it gets better, no one on here is going to tell you to shut your mouth and stop complaining, so feel free to vent and clear your head.
    please dont do anything you will regret, whether you accept it or not people DO care about what happens to you.

4. Raug

Thank you. I only have one friend who doesn't tell me not to censor myself... and... just... Thank you.

5. stumble along

you are very lucky to have a friend who cares about you in that way, i hope they are always willing to talk to you no matter what, no matter if they are next to you or 2600 miles away.

it doesnt mean much but if you want to talk ever im usually on here procrastinating on something or other so feel free to message

6. Raug

It means the world over.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what it is like to be bullied to an extreme degree in school. It hurt me, and still hurts me to this day. I remember just trying to remain safe at my school. I pushed my friends away, in fact I pushed everybody away. I still find myself pushing people away even though I am in a better place now.

I have had not had family issues to the degree that you have had. I just have to say that you are really strong for dealing with both the family issues and the issues at your school.

Like others have said, it's great that you have a friend that you can talk to about these issues. It always feels good to know that you have somebody there for you.

8. Raug

It'd be wonderful if my future wasn't affected...effected?

9. Earendil

Ok then, we got a serious situation here. Here in Puerto Rico (at least in my school) we don't hear about bullying. We only see it in elementary and middle schools. Like someone said before "Don't look at your misery, because you eat crumbs, but someone is eating what's left of the crumbs you eat". I'm not saying you're over reacting I'm just saying that at least you had life and some of your family. You know, I've felt how it is to be dragged to hell and back again. My family was sustentaded by my dad, untill he had an accident and had to be in bed for about three months. We lost our home, the car, we had to give away our pets, we lived in a shelter for some days untill I decided to never let this family down. I got emancipated at the age of 14 and started to work. All my paychecks were only for food. We lived separately. My mom lived with a friend, my uncle lived with a guy he knew, my older brother lived with his girlfriend, my little brother with my grandma, I with an uncle and my dad went to live with his parents 'cuz somebody needed to take care of him. I had to make something. So I talked to my mom to go to a hamlet to find an apartment. And we got it. 1 month later but we got it. We came to live back together untill my dad got better and started working again. That's why in the thread you replied of me I said I left the guy in his home what makes you realize that I have a car but I'm seventeen years old, how's that possible? I have a driving license, I have my own car, because I got emancipated, didn't wanted to but it was worth it. Don't try to drown yourself in a tear. I know it's not easy to be the ''class jerk'' but you shoud be optimistic. See everything that's happened to you in a good way. You have a lot to think. Never say never and never read this out loud 'cuz you will be saying what I told you not to. Just think about everything with other perspective and, hey, wake up!!! If you to acting classes they will teach you how to live, not only act. Trust me, I've been taking those for 8 years and my life turned out to be good following those advices they give you there. Just make up your mind and start thinking differently about your life.

10. Nightmaric

Hey, I may not be able to know what you went through. But, I can tell you if people are giving you shit don't let them. Bullies only do it because they can get away with it. You are worth so much more than that. Don't let them try and cut you down. There is a quote by someone that reads something along the lines of "speak up even if your voice trembles" don't let them get you. If you ever need to talk, you can post on my wall. You cant control what they say or do but you can certainly be there to push it back to them.

11. Raug

I would but they're bigger then I am...

12. stumble along

good thing words dont discriminate against size

im sure you will be fine with some light sarcasm and playful cusding out.

13. Raug

I'm sure they can figure out how to hit me harder...

It's happening less now... I'll be fine.

14. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow you went through hell. I can't think of anything to say. *hugs*

15. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay first let me say.. I wish i could still play pokemon and not be a dork. And i have so many good memories of watching Avatar, (!) :grin: (!)

And bro.. Things are never easy.. The world can't except that we're happy being different so they reject us and make us feel alienated.

And just to understand what you're saying.. is that kid your friend or not? you quoted the word friend and i was just wonderin' if he really is? Or if she's a girl.. :/ doesn't matter to me.

Hey and if ya ever wanna vent or just talk things through.. i'm here :icon_wink

16. Raug

I guess. A post reminds me of my mother. What she says to me...

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2012 at 11:12 PM ----------

I have a friend named Katt and she's wonderful. then the rest of my "friends"

17. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just thought I'd throw it out there that my friends and I still play Pokemon (blue, red and yellow only) on our gameboys, and we are 20-21...

Even through all the trouble and tumultuous times (that's a lotta T's), you do mention high notes: the time you spent with your brothers and even your friend Katt. I know that right now life may not have dealt you the best hand, but it's up to you to make the best of it. And with the support here, as well as the strength of your own resolve, you'll take what's happened to you and become a much stronger person than you thought you could be.

18. Jonathan

I'm not going to say that I understand everything you've been through, because that wouldn't be true...but I think that I can relate to you on several levels. I don't think that I've been through the same amount of family issues that you have been through, but my parents also fought (a lot) and split up when I was really young (they got divorced when I four). I didn't really have a stutter but I had a lot of issues with speaking in general. I had to go to speech classes for six years (all through elementary school) because of how I talked and pronounced words. I got picked on for it as well, and then some of the kids who didn't actively make fun of me would still laugh when I talked and said certain words. It never escalated to the point of physical fighting (my brother would never have let it go that far) but I do know the feeling of being picked on (there was even a kid last year who thought it would be funny to do impressions of how I said certain words). Even after all those classes, my speaking is still not the best (the letter "R" remains my mortal enemy to this day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but I just do my best to ignore what some people say. You could say it's acting...yea, it still kind of hurts when they do it, but I prefer to see it as myself not sinking to their level. Similar with you too, I grew up extremely close to two of my step sisters and we did so much stuff together (pretending, video games, projects, etc) and we were extremely close. While they may not have been physically seperated from me, we separated nonetheless. They are two very homophobic people and when I was figuring out my sexuality, I started mentally and emotionally separating myself from them (and continued that process for like 4 years). We're nothing like how we used to be, I feel completely isolated around them and there is no bond between us whatsoever...so it's like we've been physically separted I guess.

Well, I didn't intend on going through that much detail about my own life...but I just wanted to show you that I do understand some of what you're going through and that I can relate to you on many things. I know it sounds cliche...but don't give up, it gets better and you're stronger than that. I think that your friend Katt could be extremely helpful with coping with all you're going through. Once again, this comes from my own personal experience. I have this friend, Erika, who is my rock. I've known her a long time and she has been there with everything I have gone through. She knows me better than any other person (possibly even better than myself) and completely understands where I am coming from. Honestly...I doubt I could have ever made it through school without her. I don't know how strong your friendship with Katt is, but if it is a really good friendship, don't shy away from using it to help you cope. Having just one person who you can vent to about anything, who will always be there for you and who will never judge you can do miracles to help. It will not solve all the problems...but it will help give you teh strength to keep going through all of it.

So take it from me, don't give up. You don't have to be broken, I think you're stronger than that. I hope this post is able to help you some. And if you ever need to talk, I'm here (*hug*)

#18 Jonathan, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  19. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so sorry man... that sounds terrible (*hug*) At least you have one friend who supports you. Can you ditch the others who are obviously terrible? I have friends just like them and they drag you down when you're trying to get up.

Be glad you have Katt... and don't ever take her for granted. Friends like her a one in a million.

20. Raug

I can't just dump my friends... To them I am who they talk to like I Katt... They don't realize what they do. All of my friends except Katt and Da(I call him dad his name is Shayne[FtM]) are straight. They call me horrible names because they think it's okay...