1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I care?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Okay so last night I went to a party and got close with a girl (kiss kiss) then got her number. Now one of my friends is pestering me for her number and im like "Ehrm why didn't you ask for it?" and hes saying "oh didn't wanna take her away from you cause im such a good friend" (bastard) anyhoo I don't really wanna give him her number i mean like why do I care? Im more into guys but i like feel really kinda pissed off about it. Might just give him a fake number..

Well to sum it up, like i said before.. Why do i care? =s its really confusing me....

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The girl gave YOU her number. That doesn't mean she gives it out to everybody. As it stands now, you don't really know whether the girl would've given her number to your friend. Maybe she would've, maybe not. To hand it out to someone else, even a friend, is to assume that she doesn't care who has her number. And most people DO care.

You can offer to call her up and ask her if she's cool with your friend having the number, but that'd be pretty awkward all around. I'd just explain that you don't hand numbers out. It's a good rule of thumb, anyway.

Lex

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think Lex's response is excellent.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Well I know its bad to hand out numbers without the persons permission so that was one dilemma i was thinking of, however, Im more confused as to why I feel... I think the emotions jealously? Im not sure Its an odd one. Hmm..

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You were getting involved with her at the party and now he wants to take her from you, and even has the cheek to ask you for her number so he can do thus. Feeling jealous and/or annoyed is reasonable and expected.

If the "why do I care" is because of your sexuality, then from some of your recent posts I don't think that is really set or certain yet.

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    just give him the Radio 1 'Flirt Divert' number 07770 774 914

7. Tom

Tom Guest

haha jamie i love tht, ive gave it out afew times to random people but they always catch me out =[

and ty u care beause if u got lose to her then u do like her, and now some other guy wants her and asking u to help him. ur just kinda jealous but it will go away shortly, no need to be confused about it =]

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I agree with Lex concerning the number issue. The so called friend is really not. Why do you care? Well for one, someone you like and you know likes you has given you something of value and you have someone else claiming to be your friend trying to take it away from you with little or not effort on his part. That is being taken advantage of and nobody likes that.

Second, you may not yet be sure of your sexuality and would like to actually spend some time with this individual but instead you have someone trying to horn in on the opportunity. He is being disrespectful of you, = not really being a friend but someone who allows another to take the risks and then tries to swoop in for the prize, in other words, being a leech of sorts. Nobody cares for that.

You are under no obligation to this fellow, in fact you should tell him back of as he is definitely bad form.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Well my guy friends and girl friends met up tonight and we had a movie night and now that guys moved onto a girl who has a boyfriend =/ kissed twice bleh

Might text that girl... Or do I want to?

10. Tom

Tom Guest

wow he has a one track mind i believe and u shud text her!

11. CrimsonThunder

Go for it, if you want too. Don't feel pressured.

You're a chick magnet! =D