1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a triangle.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Koll

Hey guys..

I'm in a bit of a.. love triangle?

I'm in love with my ex boyfriend. We've been together for a year and a half, and just broke up to preserve our friendship.

I'm currently dating a girl (Lets call her Nikki!) and .. I don't know. she seems into me. I'm slowly into her..

I still like my ex though.. and we had a sleepover one night, basically one thing led to another.. A passionate kiss here and there and a snuggle throughout the night.

Problem 1: I feel like I cheated. He's closeted, though so I can't exactly come clean.. plus I'm just dating her.

Problem 2: I'm still in love with him and I want to be with him.

Problem 3: I don't want to break her heart.

Problem 4: I've promised my mom after hours of heartbreak I wouldn't get back together with him.

and everything sucks. I know what I probably should do, but looking to see what you guys think. :icon_redf

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not really giving enough information here to be able to provide any meaningful help.

I can infer, based on Problem 4, that there's some sort of serious issue with your ex-bf and/or the relationship with him that caused it to fail. So more info on that would help. Likewise, you haven't really said much about Nikki and your relationship with her, either.

But the bigger issue is one of personal integrity. It isn't fair to your gf to be cheating on her (which I tend to think, based on what you said, that you did/are doing; cheating is as much a mindset as the physical acts associated with it.) So if you're going to stay in integrity with yourself, you need to decide what to do. It isn't fair to not tell her because it's uncomfortable for you. And without knowing more about your ex-bf, and how you feel about your gf, it's hard to say what the right decision would be.

3. Koll

Basically what happened is we just jumped eachothers nerves. Picking fights.

As for cheating, yeah. I really haven't done anything with him since that night, besides tell him I regret it due to the fact I am in a relationship, and he was fine with it.

I have stronger built emotions for my ex, but I have a new flame with someone I don't know yet and its weird.. I barely know her, and I don't know if I want to.

Everythings so complicated. I wish I was single.. I guess I just want someone to talk to about this stuff. I have my mother but she just nags about things and what "could" happen.

Any friend I had (Besides ones who were gay? lol) practically shunned me before I even came out, so..

#3 Koll, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012