1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Danny19

hey guys. So if you guys have read my other post you will know my moms bf has moved in and i felt awkward. Okay so that happened and i kind of got over it. Anyways, when i first found out and everything i was angry so out of anger i posted on my university roommate finder. I got an email from a guy and asked me if i was still interested. I didn't know what to say after, but i ended up saying yes.. Okay so today we went looking for places and found a good place good price. Thing is i haven't told my mom. This has been bugging me the whole time i was looking for a place. I feel like she is going to be sad and upset. Idk what to do. I want to move out but because it seems like an awesome idea. and to get away from this situation. However, i want to let my mom know that i still love her and I'm not mad. Only that its something I've been wanting to do.. Still its this bugging feeling i hate..

so what do you guys suggest i tell her? any advice is greatly appreciated

2. Ianthe

"Mom, I'm 19 now, and I think it would be a good idea for me to try living on my own. I just want to be a little more independent." :thumbsup:

Just don't mention that you were mad about her boyfriend moving in. If she asks, tell her the truth--you were uncomfortable at first, but you got over it, and that's not why you are moving out now.