1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance, what should i do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GabrielMex, Jan 15, 2012.

1. GabrielMex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everybody, i'm writing again because i feel very confuse and anxious.
    Well in a short story i was on vacations on that time i saw a lot of youtube videos about accepting being gay and things. Now i'm on town and i have to face several things, i have to leave my girlfriend, I have to continue accepting myself, have to change in so many aspects that i can't even mention all.

But what happen it's that the on friday nigth i totally got drunk, i was with my family, and I remember say to a cousin that i was gay. When i talked to him he said that everyone didn't care so much, and that It was totally cool being who i am. But since that day, i'm very anxious, sometime i'm like "baby i was born this way" but then i'm like "I hate being gay, why couldn't I be straight". I'm afraid off being judged or bullyed for being different, or not finding a guy who loves me, or not having a family.

Now i'm openly to everything, a guy or a chick, I mostly like guys, and rarely I found a women atractive.

What i'm asking is for an advice, i don't wanna feel this way, i wanna accept myself, but there something that stops me from doing it.

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    When you get anxious, just try to focus on what you know. You know you are capable of accepting yourself- everyone has days where they feel unsure of themselves. I know you aren't going to like this answer, but the truth is, most people just need time. Sometimes it takes time to figure out who you are and what you want- and that is perfectly okay. Don't stress because you don't have everything figured out yet, you will find your way.

3. jlg65

It takes time. You don't have to know who you are right now, you just have to love that person. God made you and God does not make mistakes! Every ounce of your character and personality are placed uniquely in you. They make you special and who you are. Sexuality is such a minor participant in your overall being but you still need to love and accept that part of you. You were born that way, immaculately. The first step in acceptance starts with you. You cannot expect others to accept you if you don't have the power to do it first. Your family will still love you and you will find someone. Just remember that your are divinely created and loved by God!

4. I would say that you can calm down a bit.

About not finding a guy who loves you or having a family--even straight people worry about that. It's not something you can fix, not even if you put a lot of effort into it. I like to think that these things happen over time, or may be spontaneous--but they cannot be fixed like a broken chair. It's not worth anything stressing about it; your time can be better spent focusing on something else, such as a career or education (in a sense "bettering" yourself, so that when someone does come your way, you have the confidence and experience to show that person how great you are).

Coming out is never easy for anybody. For me, it just happened throughout my younger school days, and I was lucky that I was surrounded by supportive people, and I had good friends. But there's always some internal sadness that you're not accepted everywhere or by everyone. Just don't let bad thoughts get to you, and take things slowly (or if you prefer quickly, I guess) one step at a time.

Just ease yourself into the change and don't look back.