1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questiong Myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anonomous teen, Jan 16, 2012.

1. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Up untill 2 years ago, i always regarded myself as completely straight and never gave it a second thought. Since then, i have found myself noticing guys a lot more. From total strangers i see on the street to some of my closest mates. Lately, ill find myself looking at a girl and admiring, but when i find myself looking at a guy i take a heavy breath and wonder what he would look like stripped.

Im not sure whether or not i want to go down that road of chasing after a another guy rather than a girl, and confused even how to go about it. What i really need is to just find someone to talk all about this to, because right now i dont have anyone.

2. Curly

Hi, I don't know how to really help because I am pretty new at this. But, I understand your confusion. I am going through pretty much the samething, but it has been helping a lot by reading EC posts. Good luck! I hope you find what you are looking for.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

I think you've got the right idea. Don't worry about making any proclamations or jumping straight into the dating scene just yet. Feel free to fantasize all you want. Eventually the pieces will fall into place. And feel free to chat about it with us - that's why we're here, after all. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Lex.

I think i will just let it sit for a while till i understand myself more and wat i want, and how i am feeling. I can deffinately see EC helping me through this, im so glad i found it :slight_smile:

5. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do have a question tho. Is it possible that i am straight? Straight guys dnt fanticise about other guys tho do they? Especially their closest mates. So confused.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It kinda depends on the age. I joke that back when I was 14 and 15, I was turned on my girls, guys, couples, aliens, monsters, demons, robots, sports mascots, brick walls, weather vanes, and boxes of vanilla pudding. :slight_smile: As we get older, the brain starts sorting through the input, and a clearer picture tends to emerge. I think a lot of people might crush on their same-sex friends when younger, but they eventually settle into "straighthood". Not that everybody does, or even that everybody who crushes on a friend ends up being straight. :slight_smile:

That said, I'd say it's more likely that you're gay or bisexual. Simply because this doesn't seem to be an isolated phenomenon - you're noticing more than just one guy - and it's been going on for a couple of years. But again, no need to stake a claim just yet. Just enjoy the view and the fantasy for now. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im 17. Not that i am against people who are gay whatsoever, i just kinda dnt want to be because of how difficult it would make things. Parents, friends, ideas of having a family, that sort of stuff. So really, im going to have a hard timeeven accepting it myself if i am gay or bi

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most everyone has a hard time accepting it at first. All of the concerns you mention are valid and ones that everyone going through the process has difficulty with. But as Lex said, there's no timetable on when you have to decide or accept or whatever... you can just explore and take your time. :slight_smile:

9. Holmes

Welcome to EC. It is a great place to ask these questions, whatever you're wondering, there will likely be someone here who has experienced something similar.

During our teens, our hormones take a while to settle. But if you think men are more attractive than women, it seems likely you're gay. You could be bi, and this is a time of interest in men because you're just discovering your interest in men, but bisexuality in a genuinely neutral sense, of being able to comfortably move from dating a man to a dating a woman and back again, is quite rare. It can take time to realize you're gay because so much of society and culture is built the boy meets girl idea.

A final word, while gay people do live more inconvenienced lives than straight people, on a scale that differs by country or state, and is diminishing by time, openly gay people live far better lives than those in the closet, at least in most western countries. But take it in your own time to realize where you are.