1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confusing sleep situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by toremi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. toremi

toremi Guest

So, it is not uncommon for my buddy to stay over at my place after we have went out downtown, infact
    It happens very frequently since he lives further out of the city than me. We've done this since I've known
    him pretty much. I may be bisexual but I have no qualms sleeping with good friends; I am comfortable
    myself enough not to worry about anything arising.

The weird thing that happened actually came on his part. After going out we came home as per usual and
    crashed. I woke up first in the morning cause I was parched and got up to get a drink. When I came back in
    the room. When I walked in I was shocked cause he was obviously masturbating. We both passed out fully
    dressed but and he still was fully dressed just below his clothes. I thought he must have been horny and
    was trying to get one out before I got back. Weird thing is; he was asleep. At first I thought I had busted him
    but he didn't stop when I walked in and was not startled. I left the room immediately gave it about ten mins
    and went back -- he was still sound asleep. He didn't wake up till later and he seemingly had no recognition.

Has anyone else ever run into this before? Is there such a thing as sleep masturbation. I mean I know myself
    that as a male I kind of dry hump things in my sleep but as far as using my hand as if I were awake -- never
    happened.

At any rate he doesn't know it happened and I won't be the one to tell him cause it is a little awkward.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never heard of that but I wouldn't say it's impossible. But I think it's more likely that he knew he was busted and was just pretending to be asleep to minimize embarrassment.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can picture some sort of vague stimulation going on while asleep, but generally, our motor skills aren't so hot when asleep. If he was full-on masturbating, I'd say he probably wasn't asleep as all that. It's possible he was half-asleep, it was possible he was mostly awake and just so horny that he didn't care. I sincerely doubt that he was awkwardly trying to "suggest" anything with you - if he were, he would've said something when you tried to leave. :slight_smile:

Whatever it was, let's just say you handled it correctly. And by not bringing it up, you're continuing to handle it correctly. If he happens to sleep over again, and you find him doing it again, you're more than welcome to interrupt him and ask him what's going on. But other than that, I think you're playing it right.

Lex

4. Ben

Ben

People can do all sorts of things when they're sleeping. Whether he's got sexsomnia or he was just pretending to sleep, you're probably best staying as you are and not bringing it up.

5. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

lol. sleep masterbation.... oh goodness. anything is possibly but i doubt it. i guess its hard for me to understand as i did and do not have males friendships like this. we do not sleep together if we crash. someone takes the sofa the other takes the bed.

i personally wouldn't bring it up. but i think he knows exactly what he was doing.

6. toremi

toremi Guest

I guess I will never know.

I had a friend once who was female and her boyfriend claimed she did it in her sleep all the time. I just tried to search it on the internet and it says it can happen but I guess I will never know.

I'm not really bothered by it anyway, we all do it... it's not like it's a shameful thing. I've just never tried to polish one of in minutes between someones return.

Unrelated but... when I was younger -- 18-19, apparently I started to engage in sexual contact with my girl at the time in my sleep. she thought I was awake so she obliged and I popped awake pretty fast when she took control. It was weird, but I was super, super tired that night when I went to sleep and very, very horny -- so I guess the combo did something.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its one of lifes great mysteries.

8. Danny19

this is weird, but i have done it half asleep. like i feel like I'm doing it but I'm kind of asleep.. pretty weird

9. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: - it is, I suppose.

tbh, and from what I know, depending on what stage of sleep he was in, this could be possible. Deep sleep, no way. REM...maybe. We have motor skills and such during the "upper" levels of sleep, and if sleepwalking is possible, then why not masturbating?

I wouldn't sweat it, either he was sleeping or he was pretending to so that he wouldn't be embarrassed, and in either case it seems like the end result is the same. Unless it's making you feel weird around (or about) him, I'd forget about it.

10. javgier

i woke up once during a sleepover at my friends house to find my friend uhmmmmmm "playing with his uhmmm area" i played it off and sorta just pretended to sleep. so i guess it might have been the opposite for me. never brought it up untill now... maybe he has super wet dreams or something? idk