1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attending a lgbt youth group

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mAOz, Jan 16, 2012.

1. mAOz

I was looking Into attending a lgbt youth group in my area, I found a nice one ran by a non- profitable organisation (I wont say the name as then it's obvious where I live) I was just wondering if anybody else has been to one of these and what there like?

- matt

2. I've never had that type of thing when I was younger, but it sounds nice. Give it a try and tell us if you like it!

3. mAOz

I've been looking on the website and it seem's okay they have counselling and can even arrange transportation

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most LGBT centers run youth programs that are excellent places for gay youth to meet and get to know others like themselves. The one in Sacramento has a mix of people who are closeted, totally out, and everywhere in between. There are usually some "icebreaker" activities to help new people get to know one another, some form of group activity or discussion, and some time to talk informally before and after the formal activities.

People are generally very welcoming because everyone there has been in the situation of being nervous about going the first time so they remember what it was like.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

5. kizzykim

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    we have one here and its a great place to talk to like minded individuals and just generally have a chat and something to eat, maybe even a game of pool ...
    try your best to get involved in the youth services...