1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trip

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tylerzane69, Jan 16, 2012.

1. tylerzane69

Im planning a trip in the next couple months to go to the fity and have fun, do some shopping go to the club... The catch is, its where my ex lives.... I'm hoping to run into him and at the same time I'm afraid. Should I avoid the places he might be or not? Im pretty sure he doesnt want to see or speak to me, but a part of me wants to say goodbye if nothing else and a part of me is afraid he will ignore me if we do see each other, which would crush me....

2. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

sounds like you are planning the trip and teh main purpose is really to run into him versus going to have some fun. i think if you are going to go, you should go to whereever you want to go regardless of it he will or will not be there, but if he is there just be cordial and say hi and focus on what you came there for to have fun. however, my suspicion is that if you see him you will watch him all night, see who is is taking too or dancing with or maybe even purposefully try and make him jealous by talking to other guys in front of him to let him know that even though you're broken up, he didn't crush you. it sounds as though there are some unresolved issues with the breakup and it ended where he wants no more to do with you. it does not sound like you are over this yet and seeign him will likely be traumatic for you or at the very least put a damper on your trip. i personally would plan to go somewhere that did not have a likelihood of seeing someone that would ruin my fun.

3. tylerzane69

Me and my girlfriends were supposed to go to a different city but one if their very recent ex boyfriends live their with his fiance.... She refuses to go there and this town was our alternative to actually take in culture and gay life, and to feel free without feeling like everyone is judging me...