1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit worried

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paperyostrich, Jan 18, 2012.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone, hows it going? It's been a stressful week this week with my A-Level exams and all sorts but also with my brother. My brother knows that I am gay and he says he is okay with it, but thats the thing, I don't think he is.

You see my brother (well twin brother, just in case your wondering) :slight_smile: has recently got himself a new girlfriend, and he knows this, I hate her, but thats another story. Anyways my brother had now credit on his phone so he could not text her to tell her how much he loves her and creepy stuff like that. Back to the topic I gave him my phone, seems I had unlimited text on it and he was happily using it texting this girl, after about two or three hours I finally retrived my phone back from him after finding out that unlimited texts are actully not unlimited (shocking!) and he gladly gave it back to me.

Now being the nosy person that I am, I decided to look at the texts that he wrote to his girlfriend, I know that I shouldn't of done because they are kind of private but to be fair he did hack into my facebook account so this sort of made up for it, plus he told me that he reads all of my messages when i'm out of the room. anyway so I went on to see what he written to this girl and I was shocked. He was writing to her about me and my sexuality, she was talking about how "people like your brother cause all of the AID's in the world" she even said "I wish we had another person like Hitler so we could gas the remaning Jews and Gays, your brother included" which in all honesty had me really shocked on how you could talk to the Jewish people or the Homosexual people like that. Whilst she was saying that my brother was agreeing with her.

When my brother returned home from town I was very upset, almost crying and I questioned him about it, he looked at me and said, I don't care what you think, I can say whatever I want, it's my opinion".

That was all about 2 days ago now and I have been angry at him, although I'm still talking to him, then today I got a message from his girlfriend who was claming to be Hitler which I myself found rather insulting due to what she said to my brother a few days ago. Do you think he ment it or Im I just seeing it in a different light?

2. Jski

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing that I am beginning to learn in life is that there are good people and there are bad people. You should love the good people and disregard the bad people. Your brother's girlfriend seems like a horrible person. She is not going to get very far in life with an attitude like that. You need to forget about her and dropkick her opinions in the face! She is a nobody to you. Now about your brother... I'm going to guess that he was agreeing with her via texts because he is in love with her and doesn't want to disappoint here with the "wrong answer." You brother shouldn't be doing that because he should be standing up for his own family, let alone his own twin brother. But love does crazy things to people. I think something that you should do is walk up to your brother sometime and ask him straight up, "I need your honest opinion on something. Do you care that I'm gay?" No matter what his answer is, you need to go on with YOUR life. You are who you are and if people can't accept that then that is THEIR problem. I can't for the life of me see your brother hating you for the way that you were born. I can see him having a hard time with it but like EVERYTHING he has done in his life, he will get used to it and then it won't even cross his mind. :slight_smile: Just keep your head up and be proud of who you are. You are strong! I hope this helped you. :slight_smile:

3. Hidinginalabama

Ok first of all she sounds like a total ass. As to your twin brother there are times when they do things that really really piss you off. And yes I know this for a fact cause I also have a twin. Know your brother still loves you just that he has a girlfriend and he probably doesnt see whats really going on. He will come to see whats really going on in time just try to be with him and understand that there are somethings that happen for a reason. But I think you totally have the right to be pissed off at what that ass of a girl said and what your brother agred with her. I am sorry that you have to deal with people like her.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long ago did your brother find out you're gay? And are you fraternal or identical? It's possible he's still adjusting to your being gay, and he might (particularly if you're identical) be wondering if he's gay... there's about a 50% chance in identical twins if I remember right... and so that could be causing the feelings he has.

It doesn't make it right, and it's clear his girlfriend is an ass, but there are a lot of bigoted people in the world and usually the best thing is to either ignore them or kill them with kindness :slight_smile:

5. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My brother found out about 4 months ago now, about early september, but only because he sort of forced it out of me, anyway thats not important, chances are he is still getting used to it, and you are right his girlfriend is an ass. btw we are fraternal, not identical, belive me the last thing you want is two of me or my brother :slight_smile: