1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I liked a guy: a conclusion.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hot Pink, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hot Pink

So a few days ago, I made a thread about my struggles with the realization that I liked a guy. Since then, I discovered that I'm panromantic, which means that I can basically fall for anyone--regardless of gender. Sexually, though, I'm still gay. Meaning, I only find women sexually attractive.

On Monday, I met the guy and told him my feelings. He told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship right now. We agreed to continue being friends. His reasons being that he just isn't in a place in his life right now where romance would be a good idea and that I'm...a lesbian. He was afraid that he'll be holding me back from a girl that would make me really happy. As silly as that is, I couldn't help but think that he might be right.

Oh, well. I had my suspicions that this would turn out this way. I'm glad I did it, though.

2. dreamcatcher

I think the important part is as you said, you tried it and now you won't be wondering "what if" or anything like that. You also figured out something new about yourself which is that you are panromantic :slight_smile:. I'm glad everything turned out ok and that you made a new friend!