1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well This Is Awkward.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LegitRomance, Jan 19, 2012.

1. LegitRomance

To catch everyone up on my life so far, I recently made a facebook account, that's strictly for another site I'm on but I ended up adding my close friends on it since I'm on it more then I'm on my real account.
    About 2 weeks ago, a girl I'd never seen before in my town (she goes to the same middle school I did, I never saw her or anything though) added me and we started talking. Since my recent struggles with gender identity have confused my profile doesn't state my gender. Well after a few days of talking I logged in one more and there was a new status by her basically asking if it was possible to fall in love with someone in a week but never see them. Being the curious person I am I looked through the comments, and it turns out it's me who she's fallen in love with.
    Because it's not my real account (it's more of a RP account) I don't have any photos of me on there, so it's weird when I go to the mall and see her, know it's her but she doesn't know it's me.

The worst part is, she's thinking I'm a biological guy. ._. I just don't know how to break her away from me.

2. Beachboi92

if she doesnt know the account is linked to you in any way and there are no pictures on it you could always start by telling her the truth. It seems you would have nothing to lose if she decides to drop it upon discovering you are gender queer or are biologically female but identify as male. If your purely not interested in any way period then you could still just be honest and say your not looking to be with anyone as you have a lot of serious stuff going on in your life (it seems you do so it's not exactly wrong of you to take that approach).

3. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i agree. if there really is no way for her to trace it back to you, tell her.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say send her a message and ask if it's "you" (or, rather, the empty FB profile) that she's fallen in love with. Even if you're pretty sure it's "you". "I read your status about falling in love with somebody you've never met. This is going to sound rather presumptuous, but could you possibly have been referencing me?" If she confirms it, go ahead and let her know about your gender and issues. :slight_smile:

Lex