1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

place to talk with someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinf, Jan 20, 2012.

1. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone know if there is a place somewhere online where you can just talk one-on-one with someone about everything? Apart from this place.. because you have to be a full member. I just sometimes wish I could talk to someone, as in a real conversation, instead of via these forums, which is really more difficult.

- Justin

2. JohnnyBoy

"Please do not post links to any off-site profiles or any other sites or pages containing off-site contact details. This includes Bebo, Facebook, Myspace, YouTube, Photobucket, Twitter, Tumblr or other social networking sites or blogs, phone, email, Skype, gaming ID and messenger IDs such as MSN, AIM, Yahoo etc.
    Anything that someone else could use to identify you or contact you off-site is not allowed here.
    You are also not permitted to link to any Chat Rooms outside of Empty Closets, regardless of whether they are anonymous or not. This applies everywhere public on Empty Closets, including forum posts, wall messages, profile, signatures, blogs, comments, chatroom etc.

Any such posts will be deleted and the poster will be banned for at least ONE MONTH."

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, well I guess then forget about me asking. :eusa_doh: Sorry.

4. Homo Novus

You can always PM any of us -- Many of us, myself included, would be happy to help and/or listen. :slight_smile:

5. insidehappy

insidehappy Guest

have you tried searching online for gay hotline in your country that have peer counselors. many are available in the u.s. i'm sure amsterdamn has some too

6. Bolin

Only full members can send out private messages to other full members. HOWEVER, you can private message any member of the staff and advisors as listed here: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/13273-individual-support.html

They're very helpful, so I'd recommend trying to talk to one of the advisors if you wish. :slight_smile:

7. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Maybe I'll do that.

8. Ianthe

Here's a general helpline for Amsterdam: Telephone Helpline provides general counseling services. (☎067 575 75 h Available 24hr.)

I couldn't find one for LGBT issues, but they should be able to talk to you, and if there is a line to call for LGBT people, they will probably have that number.

Don't hesitate to contact one of the staff members. And keep posting--if you comment regularly in some other threads, you shouldn't take too long before you can be a full member.

Empty Closets just wants to be really careful to ensure the safety of our younger members.

9. BudderMC

I just wanted to add onto this bit.

For me, I think posting in other sections (albeit much less than my complaining in the S&A section) subconsciously helped a bit. It reminds me that there's so much more to not only my being, but life in general, than just my sexuality.

Evidently you haven't figured everything out, which is more than understandable, and certainly quite difficult to be dealing with. The fact that you're even acknowledging and exploring this side of you is great, even if it amounts to nothing. Just keep in mind that while it seems all-consuming at the moment, it really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. You were so many other things before this identity confusion hit, and you'll continue to be after it all gets sorted out.

10. jsmurf

You can PM me too. I dont know if site rules would allow me to reply directly. But I'd be more than happy to talk with you about it because I've had my own share of confusion the past few years.