1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If there is an omnipotent being out there...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Jan 20, 2012.

1. BudderMC

(assuming you believe in omnipotent beings)

Whatever omnipotent being that is out there dictating our lives (karma, everything happens for a reason, etc. etc.) is being a sadistic bastard right now.

I've complained here enough about my crushing on my friend/roommate. In itself, it's fine. I've established nothing will come of it, and I just need to subside my feelings until someone else comes along.

We've been trying to fill the last room so we can resign our lease. We show the house to someone today, fits in great, same program, shares some interests, and likes the house. The kicker: He's effing cute too. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I've already told myself that even less will happen with him than the nothing that will happen with my friend, but still (assuming he lives with us).

It's like whatever omnipotent being out there is teasing me for his pleasure. Really, this isn't that bad, but it's still annoying.

:rolle:

2. Vesper

Nature can be a sadistic &$#@! sometimes, but you never know when she has something really good in store :icon_wink. Take it as an opportunity, and try to make friends with him. You will at the very least get a good friend in the end, if nothing else.

#2 Vesper, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Tracker57

I believe in an omnipotent being--God as creator. And yes, He allows us to go through some tough times. But if you stick it out, you'll be a better person for it. Trying to get us to look for Him and trying to get us to improve ourselves--I believe--is why we go through tough times.

Good luck on filling the room. Look, if you've got a cute looking guy in your apartment, at least you've got some very nice scenery to come home to! Enjoy the view! (and you can never be sure which team he actually plays for...might be ours!)

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know some gay guys who would think getting ugly roommates was proof of an evil God. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. BudderMC

Touche, but having ugly roommates certainly makes things less complicated. At least I wouldn't be attracted to them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm not really worried about it to be honest. He's not even sure he's gonna take the room right now, so I can't even be bothered to be worried about the future yet. He seems like a cool guy, and he will be my friend. And that's all there is to it.

...but yes, a little eye-candy never hurt anyone I guess, did it? So long as it doesn't make anything awkward :wink:

6. DhammaGamer

Boys are silly. My brother doesn't like rooming with girls because he can't help himself being attracted to them. Perhaps you should look for some girl roommates instead. Or maybe you could get your roommate really drunk and he can make some mistakes he will regret in the morning. lol

7. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know when I had a REALLY cute girl staying over at my place for a week I took advantage of the eye candy! She was straight, she told me when I told her I wasn't, and I'm taken anyhow, so I might as well take advantage of the sitation :grin:

8. BudderMC

Yes, yes they are. But I love silly boys. :rolle:

If only! I've been told my housemate gets really happy and huggy when he's drunk, though I've never seen it, since I've got issues with drinking (but that's another story). I just need to find a way to deal with it long enough to hang around him, and have him get really drunk... who knows what'd happen? :wink:

I'd never actually be able to follow through with it though. The friendship matters too much to me. Though, maybe if he was really being pushy and forward, and I was in a spot where I didn't know how to respond...

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: