1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am getting the signals

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by toremi, Jan 21, 2012.

1. toremi

toremi Guest

Never thought I would get the signal when a guy was checking me out -- or atleast looking in my direction with curiosity. Something about it seemed like it wasn't natural until I think I caught someone for the first time today.

I was out having dinner, alone like the huge loser I be. Here I was scarfing down my burger at the best burger shop ever (no really though it's like natural grown beef or something). There was two guys eating dinner together, I am assuming they were together, I got that vibe. When I got up to get some ketchup I caught one looking in my direction. As is natural for me I smiled because I feel like when you catch someone looking at you it's just best to acknowledge and move on rather than be awkward.

For some reason I figured when men checked out other men it would be different than when they check out women. Turns out not so much. I caught him a couple times stealing glances when he had the chance. As I was leaving I could tell he was looking again but I just left and as I passe the window outside I looked in again quickly and caught him again so I sent him a playful smile which he returned.

So I guess that must be how it works eh? Or was I reading into something that was simply innocent. I guess the only thing wrong with the whole situation is he was definitely there with a partner.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Pretty much, yep.

In my experience there really isn't much of a difference between how guys check out other guys and when guys check out women. There does seem to be some "rlues" to it, but generally is the same. The feeling that you get, though, is pretty cool either way haha :slight_smile:

3. toremi

toremi Guest

Yeah -- guys just seem to be blatantly obvious about it no matter their sexual orientation. Ha. I always use to tell my friends who were female when a guy was checking them out cause it's always so obvious.

I don't know what the "rules" would be but maybe I will become acquainted with them.