1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making friends in the gay community?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rockstar, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Rockstar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys :slight_smile:

So I've recently come out as bisexual to three close friends of mine, it went really well and I am starting to realise it really isn't such a big deal, haha.. I am still taking it slow though, and I do plan on coming out to a few more close friends, family eventually ect ..

What I've come here for advice about is making gay/bi friends.. How do you do it? LOL.. I don't really know anyone who is out, and would really like to get involved in that community and have people to go to gay clubs, parties, events ect with, so that I can explore that side of me. I'm not keen on the idea of using gay match making sites, as I am not just looking for casual sex, and I can't just start adding random dudes on Facebook (I have no idea who is and who isn't lol) ... I guess now that I am out to a few people and ready to explore it, I am looking for my way 'in' to the community.

Any ideas?

2. Vesper

I did a bit of a search on Google, and it seems that Melbourne has a pretty vibrant LGBT scene. An annual event called the Midsumma Festival, which is one of the biggest LGBT arts and cultural events in the world, is located in Melbourne, and it's running from January 15 to February 5. Sorry if you knew that already, but it seems like it might be a great place to meet some new people from all over your country.

#2 Vesper, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012