1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a break...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShebbsIsAwesome, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ShebbsIsAwesome

So my boyfriend who I've almost been dating for 9 months told me yesterday that we needed to take a break. (I should mention that he's my first boyfriend too) He had texted me earlier saying that we need to talk. (he's said it before, and it was never a talk like this, so I didn't prepare for the worst). After I said OK he said "I love you" so did I. When he pulls up I get into his truck and he says "hello my love" so of course I assume this is just a talk like "we haven't seen each other in a while..." "you need to get out of the house a little more...".. NOPE. He says "we need to talk" I say OK he says he thinks we should take a little break.
    He tells me its because he's 19 and im 16.. (his Bday was in Jan mines in Feb, so im 17 soon) and that he's in college getting ready for a career and im still in high school.
    He says that maybe in one or two years that we can get back together...
    I still really hope that happens, because we still love each other, even if it is that far down the line.
    It's just now I feel so demotivated. I don't feel like doing anything, and if I dont do anything I cry for a while. then I stop crying for a minute. Then I cry again.
    Last night one of my friends took me out, and we hung out until like 2 AM, so that was the only long period of time that I wasn't crying my eyes out...
    This is probably the saddest I'v ever been. This is more than I cried when any of my pets died, probably equal to how much I cried when my grandpa died.
    My Ex always told me that one day it would end.. but I never wanted to believe him.. and I'm an idiot for that.
    He said he never wanted to hurt me. And it's not his fault that i'm hurting right now, he tried to warn me..
    I cant seem to get rid of the things that remind me of him, it's painful. I cant get rid of some of the texts he's sent me over the past 9 months. I cant change my wallpaper on the computer, I cant change the ":slight_smile:" after his name in my phone. UGHH im crying again!:tears:
    I miss him.
    Everything seems to remind me of him.

2. Trekkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I have been going through the same thing things ended with my bf of 4 years last month, I wish i could say things will get better over night but it wont it will hurt for sometime but you cant let it run your life you just need to keep your mind busy, you need to move on delete or hide the photos of him it wont help you to keep seeing them, but you never know in the next year or so he might want to see you again but dont dwell to much on that you need to move on =]

3. Eleanor Rigby

I'm really sorry about it (*hug*). Going through a breakup is always painful. I know it's not much comforting right now, but time is your best ally here. It's going to take some times, weeks, maybe months, but slowly things are going to get better. The pain will fade away and only the good memories will last.
    But yes, right now, it hurts like hell (*hug*) (*hug*). That's part of the game so to speak. When you give your heart to someone, you always take the risk to be hurt in the end. But it's worth it, because love is so amazing, even when it doesn't last forever. And even if you don't get back with your ex down the line (which is unfortunately very likely to happen...) the wonderful memories you have will last you forever and will keep you warm until you fall in love again.
    For now, feel free to cry and to be sad, you're completely entitled too. Try not to stay alone, crying is good, crying on a friend's shoulder is always better... Take all the time you need to mourn, but keep in mind this pain won't last forever. One day, you'll be over it. Until then, I send you plenty of (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*).
    Take care of yourself, Cécile

4. ShebbsIsAwesome

Thank you guys, I am trying to get out of the house right now actually. It's cold out but ima go to the beach until it gets dark probably.
    We never fought, so we mostly only have good memories...
    We will stay friends, we just need about a week.
    Our 9 month would have been on the 28th and thats the day of the Country concert that I bought us tickets for. We're still going...

5. Trekkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i hope things work out for you =]

6. ShebbsIsAwesome

His friends say not to hope for anything that was not promised. I do hope we stay friends..
    It's just that right now, it feels like somebody is stabbing and ripping out my heart and soul.
    I checked his FB and he posts statuses like "this doesnt feel right" and "if you love someone you have to set them free"
    My heart is shattered. It's so difficult to do anything. It feels like all of my motivation has been sucked away and...

7. Trekkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like i said before i know how you feel, looking at his facebook wont help you (i ended up just crying when i did it)
    The friends are right dont hope for to much just take it slow if your still talking to each other and going to that thing he still must want to be friends

I was like that at first just sat around, did not feel like doing anything or going out you just need to pick yourself up and get on with life and stay busy

8. ShebbsIsAwesome

Im crying either way. I really need to see him.

9. Trekkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The crying will pass, best thing you can do is throw yourself at other things spend time with friends and family read a book anything just to stay busy, sitting alone wishing and hoping is not the road you want to take it will only drag it all out for you

10. javgier

O.e my bf is a year older then me but hes out of highschool already... and in a jr >....< hes almost 2 years older then me cuz i was born near the end of the year

11. ShebbsIsAwesome

Him and I are back together. We decided that this is just dumb for both of us. If another problem rises, I'll handle it. With mah FIST! okays, Ty all! :slight_smile: <3

12. Trekkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thats good to hear hope you two are happy =]