1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total mental meltdown

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Soo like this past week I've basically been having a total meltdown. My bestfriend hasnt been there for me, hes hardly talked to me at all. A guy who I think I might be in love with has gone completely AWOL on me and ignores all my texts. Ive been debating about coming out as bi to said guy considering that over the summer hes my best friend at work, since we spend at least twice a week with eachother, the problem is i dont know if hes homophobic or not. My main reasoning to believe he is, is because I saw him comment on a guys profile picture (which made him look kind of gay to be honest) he commented 'gay homo fag' which got them into a fight. And hes always making a point that hes straight (that i see on facebook since we go to two different schools) even stating about his mom thinks hes gay, saying multiple times that he loves boobies. Then theres this girl who ive started to get really close to and i want to come out to her, but i dont know how she'll take it. ( granted my one best friend Matt whos like Catholic, which most people say are homophobes, took it all well and will openly talk about my crushes on guys with me, i go to him the mosy) And on top of alllll of that, I'm starting to fall for my friend Abby, who I havent had any feelings for since I was like 11.

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guess no one cares...

3. hml8

I'm sure plenty of people care! It's just difficult to respond to as you haven't really asked for advice

I think that if you want to come out then you should just go for it cause you will eventually an if it turns out that they're homophobic it'll be less of a loss in the future as you won't have built up the relationship with them! Which I know isn't really advice! haha

Plus the 'homophobic' friend is probably gay and in denial!

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I just needed to get out all my stress and with the possibly homophobic friend, my problem is getting him to actually talk to me.

5. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bicurious boy, give longer than a few hours for people to reply. People will respond when they can.

As to your friend? I really do understand the pain of not being able to but wanting to come out to a homophobic friend. Once my ex-best friend told me he thought he might have been bi some years ago, but with the way he talks, I can't trust him with the fact that I am a lesbian.

Best thing you can do is find new friends. Value Matt, who sounds like a fantastic friend to me. If you really feel you can't trust this friend you have a crush on, then don't put yourself through the pain of hanging on to him. Find someone else who is not homophobic to hang out with.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its not really that I dont trust him, its that we never talk. And I know that he just ignores my texts, since i'll text him and see he posted on Facebook from his phone like two minutes later. That's really what bugs me and holds me back from coming out to him.
    And Matt really is a fantastic friend, I mean he'll listen to my crap but occasionally he will try to toughen me up, just so I wouldnt bitch about all my crap to him. Which I know he has a point and I've tried. He's really helped me keep my 'straight mask' at school. He's a better friend than my best friend.