1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JudgeDredd, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JudgeDredd

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over two months now. He is my first boyfriend. I'm 22 and he's 19. Not that it really matters too much. About three weeks ago I moved 4 and a half hours to finish school. He was extremely upset when I told him. He's been through some pretty bad relationships. I'm the only guy that he's been with that isn't a complete ass and actually cares. We're opposites. He's really outgoing and likes to always be around people. I'm introverted. I don't mind being around ppl just not a lot of people and not all the time. At first I wasn't quite sure that this would even last this long, but now I don't know. I really miss him. I honestly didn't think I would miss him this much. Like I feel like I have no desire to do anything. I know he really misses me too. Like tonight he wasn't in a very good mood and he said a lot of it had do with me being so far away. He said too he feels just really depressed and stuff. I really hate when he feels bad because then I feel even worse. He wants to move up here this summer to be with me. Honestly I really want him too. I hate being apart from him. Some of my friends think we're moving too fast but I don't really think so. It doesn't help that my mom hasn't accepted that I'm day. She doesn't like my boyfriend and she hasn't even met him and doesn't know much about him. She also said I have to get a job and have a good amount of money before I can go see him otherwise she'll cut me completely off. Which really sucks because I really want to go see him. He doesn't exactly have money to come see me. I really don't know what to do. I don't know if we both can handle this pain until summer. I'm starting to wonder if all this is worth us staying together. But I think if we broke up I would feel way worse. I know this is quite long. I just needed to get all this out.

2. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Long distance relationships are never easy.. i tried it oce for about a month... my advice:

don't make promises you can't keep (ex: we'll talk on the phone every night)

hope things work out

3. JudgeDredd

yeah I know. I don't make promises like that but I do call him almost every night. I am annoyed that sometimes he puts watching tv or being with his friends ahead of talking to me which makes no sense. He claims he really care abouts me and really misses me but sometimes he doesnt show it..

4. JohnnyBoy

We are too similar, it's weird....I met my boyfriend early summer, started dating fairly quickly, and he graduated and moved back home (about 2.5 hours from where I go/he went to school)...We've made it work for the last 5 months because we're madly in love. We talk everyday but I definitely miss the physical part of being together. I too text him that my depression gets worse since he's not around but now that he's always there emotionally to take care of me.

Don't be annoyed if he's too busy to talk, this comes with being apart. For me, being apart makes us stronger.

Trust me, if he's worth it, you'll find a way to make it work. My post probably makes no sense but shoot me a message or post something else with specific questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

5. JudgeDredd

That actually helped a lot. Both of us miss the physical part of being together. I don't you really realize how amazing something as simple as cuddling and being together is until you don't have that. I feel like the distance has somehow made us stronger. Before I left I wasn't sure that we would/should stay together. But now I really miss him and sometimes it seems like he's all I think about. I do hope it works out but not every relationship is meant to be so i guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Btw I am currently living in Kansas City. Which is decently close to you. I find it amusing that we have similar relationships and live close to each other. Just a little creepy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. JohnnyBoy

I bolded the worst part for me...we both have stressful jobs and it kills it when we get home and simply just wanna cuddle on the couch and feel each other's heartbeats we can't :frowning2: I think you said you'd been together for two months before moving apart? We had a little more time than that but you'll make it work if it's meant to be.

Communication is a big part to. I never hesitate to let him know how I'm feeling or concerns about us because those are important things to work out when you can't always see each other.

Shoot me a wall message or something if you wanna talk more and share advice :smilewave !