1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activities For Group

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ManicPanic, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ManicPanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I started and lead The GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) Group at my school, Which Basically brings together Lgbt youth and there allies, raise awareness on related issues and make it more acceptable to be queer. The group is the largest extra curricular group in the school and it's been a great success.

The only Issue is we are constantly looking for activities and campaigns we can do with the members and the school body. Does anyone have any suggestions what we can do, or any past experience with activities that were a success? Or know any good websites where i can get this information from?

Thanks!!!! :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!

I'm not the best at coming up with those sorts of things, but have you been in touch with the GSA national headquarters in San Francisco? They have an amazing array of resources and suggestions for activities to "invigorate" your GSA, and they also have regional meetings where the most active people from local GSA chapters meet up for a day and share ideas and activities and such.

That would be my first suggestion.

3. ManicPanic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The GSA network? If thats what you mean then yepp, that place is extremly helpful!!!! Thanks. Any other suggestions guys? :slight_smile: