1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual meets bisexual = ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IThinkInCircles, Jan 24, 2012.

1. IThinkInCircles

So, just started dating this guy a couple of weeks ago, and the other night, after I made a casual comment about how things in closets should come out (we were looking for cleaning products in the closet), he said, "So about that thing you said about things coming out of closets... I'm bi."

Small world.

"Really?" I said.
    "Really."
    "No kidding! So am I."
    "High five!"

It wasn't what I was expecting to have in common with him, but in hindsight, he did tickle my gaydar a bit. Somewhere in the 75/25 ratio range.

So this brings me to ask a question for which I feel like I should already have the answer, but... we haven't really talked about it at all since it just "came out" (that's a knee-slapper), and I've never been in a straight relationship with another bisexual. I want to know if there's anything I should ask him, like his dating history or anything else. Is there anything that I should tell him? If nothing else, we'll just know each other better. Right?

Input/Feedback totally welcome.

SeattlebiM likes this.
  2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    XD What an amazing coming out!

I'm sorry but i don't have any big advices for you. I was never in a relationship like yours :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But if i was in a situation like yours i'd like to discuss about that further, it wouldn't only be interesting but it would be something important to know about each-other like who you like more (guys/girls) and why, I'm sure its somehow useful for a relationship to know each other better in that aspect. Or maybe it doesn't matter at all and you should just love each other :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Depends of yourselves i guess... See if he is interested in talking about it?

Well, I'm sure other ECers' will give better advices than mine, (i guess mine is just an opinion anyways)

3. BlueDuck

I suppose this is my area of expertise, given that I'm in the exact same situation right now. XD

I think it all depends on the relationship. My girlfriend and I haven't talked much about it, but I know I'd be more than willing to talk about it if she was concerned/curious about it. My advice would be to just bring it up in conversation, and see how willing he is to talk about it. If nothing else, it'll result in an interesting conversation. :slight_smile: But I wouldn't be too concerned; I don't think it's something that needs to be brought up.

4. Mad Man L

I'd say that the relationship could turn out better, just because you both understand the ebb and flow of bisexuality.

I'd say just get to know each other better. Putting a bi and a bi together is just a bonus.

SeattlebiM likes this.