1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

read my events, am I bi/gay/straight? HELP!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by reyuu, Jan 26, 2012.

1. reyuu

:help: I have had people tell me that i have plenty of time to search who i am but i want to find out now!

I have been curious about going out with girls and ive already been out with a boy ( but most probably not a great first choice) I have known my friend for many years now and i feel really close to her but i feel she dosent quite have the same feelings for me, and im too scared to ask. I've already asked her what her views are on gay love and she thinks its fine and that love is love no matter what gender.

I already knew that she was going over a friends house for the summer but just recently she told me that her friend has already said that she likes her, I asked her what she would do if she tried to kiss her and she said that she would say no because she would want to stay as friends. So this is good for me because she won't end up going out with that other girl but does that mean she'll say the same thing to me?

Also I met a girl in college, became friends with her and hung out after lessons. But one day when we met up, just the two of us, we sat down, had a chat and the next thing i know shes shoulder to shoulder with me so every time i turned my head we were almost kissing (and she has been out with both guys and girls) she only started acting like this after i told her that i wasnt sure if i liked boys, girls, or both. And when she was doing this i felt very uncomfortable and didnt want to meet up with her again. I know that probably wasn't the best thing but i didnt want to risk her trying it again.

So i know this will sound stupid but can anyone read what this means for me?

2. Rooni321

Do you have feelings for guys?

What sort of feelings do you have for girls?

You could be bi but nobody can really label you except for you sorryyy

3. Vesper

Sorry, but it's a little hard to determine your orientation from the information you've given, which was mostly about your friends. In addition, you're at an early stage, so trying to label yourself now is a little premature (unless you're really sure about your feelings, and you said you are not). Like Rooni321 said, how do you feel about guys, girls?

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you see guys that you like how do you feel, what about girls that you like? I dont mean friends I mean strangers or celebrities.

5. Ianthe

Many lesbians have dated men before.

It sounds to me like you know for sure you have feelings for girls.

You haven't said anything about similar feelings about guys.

Regarding your friend, I think you should come out to her, and see what she says--that is, tell her you like girls, not that you like her.

6. reyuu

well, i get flustered or excited when a guy shows interest in me but that dosent last for very long a day at most, I have seen other girls and thought wow shes cool, and i have tried to see myself on her arm (if you understand) i have been out with a guy before but it was kind of a forced relationship we didnt really talk before we went out, but personally i think that was just a bad choice. Really after that I was off relationships for a long while.

If my friends saw a fit guy and said how hot he looked I would say so he's just a guy nothing special about him except he has more muscles. It annoyed me how they would always say that to the so called perfect looking guys they would see, and i personally didnt think they were fit, i felt neutral towards them.

and the whole story about my friend having a girl like her, just the thought of my friend being over at the other girls house makes me sad, espcially that they'll be alone. If she came back as her girl friend i think i seriously would collapse in tears, just thinking about it gets me teary.

so it probably obvious but i still am unsure, i think too much about the future that i would have with another person :S

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you have probably answered your own question, but its all part of the journey, realising deep down you are gay, admitting it and coming to terms with it are all different stages which can happen quickly one after the other, simultaneously, or slowly with big gaps between them, everyone is different. You are working your way along, sometimes these things take time and can be scary.