1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for a friend. (repost)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tiptape, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Tiptape

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just an update on my situation. Had to create a new thread because of the database corruption and my original thread was lost.

Anyway, as mentioned before, I've fallen for a colleague in my branch. Being in the military, any kind of homosexuality is quite a major thing, especially here so I had to tread carefully.

I came out to him two nights ago, despite some concerns raised my other members here. I don't know why, but I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and sent him a text message. I know doing it in person means a lot more but I'd expect it'll be uncomfortable for both of us, mainly him (if he wasn't okay with it) so I sent him a text message.

Anyway after a worrying long pause and a "Is everything okay?" message he tells me he's okay with it. I tell him I'm trembling because I was afraid of what could have happened, mainly the bad things. He tells me to chill and calm down. He says he's honoured to be one of the few whom I've told and will always be a listening ear. He's really got a heart of gold, and that's probably why I'm having a major crush on him.

However, he also adds that he's sorry but "can't give any suggestions or answers as he's never experienced anything like that" which most unfortunately, probably means he's arrow straight.

The past two days at work were normal. As if I've never said anything. Could be a good sign, could be bad. It may be my imagination but he seems to be more withdrawn, towards me. I'll have to observe him further. I don't have much time. He leaves the service in less than a month.

I haven't told him I love him.

2. Hot Pink

At the very least, it sounds like you got a loyal ally. Those are just as important as crushes, especially if you're just coming out.

3. Tiptape

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I however, can't help feel like I'm disturbing him when trying to strike up a conversation, over IM services or text message. It's not as bad in person when we're in the office, but I really really yearn for his company and attention. I really really do fancy him a lot.