1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait... Did...she ask me out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hot Pink, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Hot Pink

Hindsight is a stupid and wonderful thing. They say that it's 20/20, but in my experience, it's not quite that clear. Hindsight can murk up the water or give you the opportunity to make assumptions. At this moment, I'm still not 100% sure that this went down the way my hindsight is telling me.

After LGBT Alliance at my school, I walked out with a girl. I actually like her, but I have low self-esteem, so it was one of those things where I thought it was only in my dreams. Anyway, we're making small talk. Then she asks me what I was doing right now. I told her that I was going home. She then said that she was going to see a local musician. I said that was cool. We parted ways outside of the building.

15 minutes later, I'm driving home and then lightning struck my brain. Did she just ask me out? And I blew her off? But I like her! Oh, no! What do you think?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She may have been asking you out. Or she may have been suggesting that you could accompany her, on a more "friend" level. Or maybe she was just sharing information. Hard to tell from the information given.

Best bet - when you see her again, ask her how the local musician was. And if she says it was a good show, say you wish you'd gone along, or that you should check him/her out soon. This will give her an easy opening to ask you to accompany her next time. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. coastgirl

Yeah what Lex said. Don't worry you didn't blow it :slight_smile: Just be friendly to her next time you see her and maybe ask her if she's going again or something.

4. Vesper

It's not clear, based on what you wrote, what her intention was. It was probably a missed opportunity for you to get to know her better, though. Don't get too hard on yourself, because there will be more opportunities in the future. If she tells you in the future, ask if you can go along.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Totally unsure...sorry I am no help. :grin:

6. Hot Pink

The more I think about it, the more I realize that it was just innocent small talk and didn't mean anything more than that. I read too far into it.