1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't She Just Accept Us?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jordash

Alright, so I've been dating this girl for 2+ months now we've been best friends for more than a year before we started going out and Im totally head over heels for her! I can't imagine my life without her and Im not to sure how I survived without her. I love her, so much.
    Okay so heres the problem. We regularly write notes for eachother and stick them in eachothers lockers at school. So one day I put one in her locker that went something like this: "Dear my baby girl,
    I love you so much. I can't stand to be without you. I love everything about you, your funny, your beautiful, your lips are as soft as a cloud, and your whole body is absolutely perfect.
    Peace, ‹3 and Triforces,
    (my name)"

So yeah.... the problem with it was she left it on her kitchen table. And.... Her mom found it. **We are not out to anyone, except a few select friends** Her mom freaked out, grounded her and said we could never see eachother again.
    So she texted me later that night and told me what happened, and iI didn't know what to say or do, I still don't. I asked her if we had to break up, she just said she didn't know. We just ignore the subject now, but I still want to know what to do if it ever comes up again. So what should we do? Please help! Any advice would be great. Thanks.

2. jlg65

A lot of times parents don't understand and that would be a shocking way to find out. Its best to give it time. Have her sit down with her parents first and talk through it. Then if they are comfortable, you can come over and the two of you can talk to them after they have had some time to digest it.
    If you really love her( which it sounds like you do!), don't give up on the relationship. Somethings are worth some hard work and pain. If you show her parents how happy you make each other, they may come around and see that you are good for her. It sounds like her mom just was shocked and acted hastily. Give her some time to work through what she discovered. And if she still doesn't support you, forbidden love is the best! Good luck and keep us updated!

3. Jordash

Thats a good idea, but my girlfriend will never talk to her mom about it. Shes both stubborn! I've tried getting her to talk to her mom, but she says she can't. So if she really loves me back(thats a different subjuct for a different post), its going to have to be that forbidden thing you were talking about. :frowning2:

4. jlg65

I understand her POV though. Its really hard to talk to parents about this stuff. Hopefully as your relationship matures, she will get the courage to talk about it. You should just be supportive of her and help give her that courage without pushing her to do something she isn't ready for.

5. Jordash

Good advice. :slight_smile: Thank you! Very Much!
    Im just not sure when she'll be ready, if she ever will. :/
    I've asked her a few times if we could come out together, but she always gets mad! and says "NOOO! Why do you want to sooo bad?" So i just drop the subject by saying "i dont know" or something like that.

6. jlg65

What does it mean for you to come out? Is it important to you right now? If it is, try explaining to her why you want to instead of saying "i dont know." Giver her some good reasons to come out. But there is no rush. You both are still in high school and that always isn't the right place to come out.

7. Jordash

I guess I just hate hiding it. I want to just beable to hold my girlfriend's hand and a peck her cheek at the mall. I want to beable to put my arm around her at a movie. I want to lock arms with her as we walk down the side walk. I just want people to know that that cute girl standing next to me is my girlfriend. Im not to sure what that means, like if im just jealous or whatever, or if its something maybe a little more serious.

8. jlg65

That's an amazing reason! Did you explain that to her?

9. Jordash

Well.....no.
    But she hates PDA so she probably wouldn't want me to do any of that regarless of if we're out or not.

10. jlg65

Well thats natural, especially if her mom doesn't even support her. Even I don't like big displays of PDA, something are better enjoyed in private. But yeah, give her time. Bring up the subject every now and then without forcing the topic on her. Let her get accustomed to it. Is it the first homosexual relation for both of you?

11. Jordash

First for me. Third for her.... all of hers have been in secret, like ours. But she says that I've lasted the longest. :slight_smile:

12. jlg65

Awww :slight_smile: congrats!

13. Jordash

Oh and I just remembered another kinda important reason we should come out. Prom, SpringFling, The Winter Dance, The Fall Ball, The Black and White Ball, and all the other dances inbetween that our school has. I would love to, just once, be able to dance with my girlfriend in public. Last time we just ended up slow dancing in the supply closet with the lights dimed...... :/

14. jlg65

Haha my school has one dance, prom! Its a big step coming out and with something like dancing in public, everyone knows. There is no gradual coming out. She might not be ready for that. Is she 15 too?

15. Jordash

Yes she is. Shes 16 days older than me, so shes not more mature. (the funny thing is we were born in different years)

16. jlg65

So you guys are sophomores? If your serious about each other you have years to acclimate and come out. There is no rush to come out. If she isn't comfortable with PDA and thats your main reason for coming out, then it wouldnt make sense. You wouldnt get anywhere. Take it slow and do it right :slight_smile:

17. Jordash

That brings up the one other thing im scared of. Lately, it seems like shes been falling out of love with me.... and it scares me....so much. Like thats why i want to get her out, so i can get her back in love with me. I know I sound dumb right now, but I love this girl! I want to be with her forever. Do you get what im saying? Basically, I just don't want to lose her for going to slow, OR to fast. :frowning2:

18. jlg65

This might sound harsh, but you girls are in high school. Relationships don't always last in high school. However, it seems like you have a wonderful relationship. Its beautiful that you love her :slight_smile: but high school is just a short small step in life. You never know how life will turn out. Regardless, you should fight for her! You love her and you need her to realize how much you need her and love her. Don't give up and stay confident! If she sees you worried over your future together she might get skeptical. Stay strong and happy!

19. Jordash

Okay. You don't even know how inspirational that was! haha Im gunna stay happy, and confident! :slight_smile: Thanks!

20. jlg65

Goodluck :slight_smile: (not that you need it, it will be fine!)