1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stilllovelyafte, Jan 29, 2012.

1. stilllovelyafte

This isn't a particularly significant post, more just a point of curiosity. I am wondering what many of your experiences with dreams/fantasies are.

As far back as I can remember, my dreams of a sexual nature have been primarily about women. After I began to think about my sexual orientation a bit, my dreams would continue to be about women, but in the dreams, I felt "less authentic". I guess in the dreams, I'd be with women but even dreaming me would have some idea that people might be like, why are you with a woman? I get that this sounds sort of strange...

I only bring this up because as I've been beginning to finally look into the same sex attractions I've had in the past, I am dreaming more frequently and more vividly about fooling around with women. I know dreams are dreams, but it can be a bit confusing nonetheless.

I've been having a similar experience with my non-dreaming fantasies. I find myself checking out women quite a bit - but I chalk this off to having conditioned myself to do this for the better part of two decades.

The larger point is that as I face the questions I have been avoiding directly, they seem to be getting more elusive. I thought in opening my eyes to the issues of sexuality I had been scared of for so many years, my true self would become clear pretty quickly... I haven't had that burst of clarity.

2. Vesper

I can hardly remember most of my dreams, but I can recall that many involved primarily or exclusively women and girls I knew, though nothing was ever of a sexual nature. The closest I ever got in a dream to intimacy was when my favorite anime character touched me in a caring way. That's it. I wonder if these dreams may point to asexuality...

As for bursts of clarity, I haven't often heard of people having "eureka!" moments that suddenly make everything clear. And for those who did, I bet many fell right back to doubting and questioning after experiencing feelings that didn't really mesh with what they thought had already been made clear. Usually, it's about slowly, gradually coming to an understanding.

3. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

ive had just the opposite response. ive never had a sexual dream about a woman, not even my wife! i think that very fact sealed the deal on my sexuality.

i dunno how much stock id put into dreams if i were you, stilllovelyafte

4. Wellie Boots

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only had one sexual dream and it was about my best friend who is a girl, it was only about 2 months ago, allthough I have had 5 about her dieing and then me being very sad.

5. Starshine16

About 3 years ago I had a very sensual dream about a female friend of mine who I was insanely attacted to.It was intense enough that now even 3 years later I still remember almost everything about that dream.

6. climbingivy

After looking at all the examples given here I don't know why people are saying not to put too much stock into dreams. At least from this thread it seems as though the overall content of people's dreams sort of does point to their sexuality. As for me, I've always had a good number of dreams about being with men in which I was the woman (I'm physically female). I've also had a lot of platonic dreams about being friends with women I think I was crushing on at the time. I'm incredibly confused right now, but I'm leaning towards bisexual homoromantic (assuming I'm female). Like the OP, I have a feeling that I've hidden a lot from myself over the years and perhaps forced myself to have exclusively heterosexual fantasies. But, if that was the case, wouldn't my subconscious come out in my dreams more? While I don't think dreams can tell you everything about your sexuality I certainly think they can hint at it.