1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopelessly In Love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DoctorWho, Jan 29, 2012.

1. DoctorWho

Ever since Gr.9 I have had this crush on this guy I am best friends with. Recently I have discovered it was not only a simple crush, I was in love. Last March I told him I liked him and for the last year I thought he had forgotten, but in Thursday my best friend told me that she and one of my other best friends were talking to him about it. I dont care that they told him, the only thing that got me was that he said that he only liked me as a friend. Here's the thing, I still love him and I don't know what to do! What should I do! Help me fellow EC'ers please give me some advice!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First thing - no, he didn't forget. Let's say somebody came up to you and said they "liked you". Male, female, whether or not you felt the same way. Would that slip your mind? ...yeah, didn't think so. :slight_smile:

So this guy isn't interested in you like that. Sucks, but there it is. Sadly, there's only three things that help you move on from an unrequited crush: time, distance and somebody else to focus on. You can't do anything about "time" - that'll take care of itself. So work on putting some distance between you and your crush, and perhaps look for some other people to hang out with, and perhaps date.

Lex

3. fedora777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am in a similar situation except that he doesn't know, but lexington is completely on target. It should get a little easier once/if you go to college because there will be a bunch of new faces for you to check out :slight_smile:

4. DoctorWho

So this guy isn't interested in you like that. Sucks, but there it is. Sadly, there's only three things that help you move on from an unrequited crush: time, distance and somebody else to focus on. You can't do anything about "time" - that'll take care of itself. So work on putting some distance between you and your crush, and perhaps look for some other people to hang out with, and perhaps date.

Lex[/QUOTE]

Unfortuntely I hang out with him at school so avoiding him isn't an option I could try to find someone else but it will probably take some time. It sometimes takes along time to find someone who likes everything you like. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>It sometimes takes along time to find someone who likes everything you like.

I don't know if I ever found somebody who likes everything I like. But I never felt that was necessary. I'm a music fiend, my partner couldn't be sussed, but we still get along great.

Lex