1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SueDenim, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SueDenim

SueDenim Guest

I've posted on here the past couple of days. Thanks for the advice.

In the end I decided to tell my friend that I had had feelings for her in the past which had confused me. I said that they weren't sexual because they hadn't ever been. I explained that I just felt emotionally invested in her which may have been due to her being there for me when I was at my lowest. Its probably difficult to comprehend from an outside perspective but thats how I felt. She responded that she wasn't freaked out at all and had never even considered me as a lesbian and still didn't. She said that even if someone was it wouldn't matter but I said that I didn't think I am gay because I don't think I am. She said that our friendship wouldn't change and I am really grateful for that. I do trust her when she says that but obviously worry that it will change. I will try not to but is there any advice on how to avoid worrying? Do people think I made the right decision in taking the courage to tell her... She said that she thought I was brave for saying it and remarked how far I've come, having been at my lowest for the past year.

Thanks for any advice people have given in the past couple of days.

2. Seraph

Gratz that you made it :grin:,
    Advice for not worrying? Just don't think about it (which I used to when I came out to my bestfriend, but I bet you will get used to it and forget it and you don't even know), relax and live your life, focus on other works :slight_smile:. Good luck !!

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you did the right thing, you got it off your chest and I think chances are things wont change. As for advice on what to do, try and keep your mind off the subject (although I think that is easier said than done). The best thing to do is just try and do and act exactly how you would normally, try not to change anything.