1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is older okay do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bradd, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Bradd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never done nothin yet and wanna do it. Not really sure how to do stuff so is it okay to do it with man, cuz I don't no nobody. I mean like 30-40who knows what to do..not to date or nothin liken that. Just do sex stuff. Or will I go to jail? I mean I want a guy my age but am scared of doing it and I dont wanna mess it up n then he don't like me or something. So is it ok? Did someone try it that way?

2. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

in most jurisdictions, it is generally illegal if you are under 18 (illegal for the other person). and, the kind of older man that would have sex with someone under age may not be the best choice for you either. you'll want someone kind and willing to take their time.

why the rush? you're only 15 and you have plenty of time to explore your sexuality later.

3. climbingivy

Please be careful. I had a guy friend who started messing around with older guys at your age and got himself into a whole lot of trouble. No matter the sexuality, you've got to wonder why an older person would be looking for someone so much younger. Could they not have gotten someone their own age?

4. Roland85

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not old enough to spell properly, you shouldn't try doing anything with anyone above your age group. Don't worry, you'll be just as horny when you turn 18. Meanwhile, try fooling around with the 15-17 age group, but do be smart about it.

5. Zontar

A boy your age would be wise to check the laws of the jurisdiction you live in. I can guarantee you that sex with older men is definately illegal, and sex with someone closer to your age can still be illegal as well.

It's always best to check your local Age of Consent and just wait until then. Ain't gonna kill you.

Oh, and if you want to actually enjoy it, I would highly suggest you find someone in your own age group, and at the very least, be friends with them.

6. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your not out at all as I see in your profile and you only 15. Why don't you join some gay youth organisation in your area so you can become more secure in your sexuality? People don't go there for one thing only but to form friendships and support.

7. Jonathan

I would say that you probably shouldn't do anything with a person who is that old...it could cause some pretty big problems. I would recommend doing stuff with people around your age group (15-17ish) if you really just want to fool around. And if you mess up a little bit, who cares? Everyone makes mistakes :slight_smile:

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legalities aside, the LAST thing you want to be doing at age 15 is hooking up with some guy who is old enough to be your dad or your granddad. Think about it... anyone who is your dad's age that wants to have sex with *someone your age is not emotionally healthy... nor is it emotionally healthy for you.

There are a million reasons not to do this and almost none to consider it. There are also lots of posts here of people that have had hookups with older guys and pretty much without exception have regretted it.

As others have said, you can afford to wait... and if you can't, you can find someone your own age. I promise you, if you wait and are thoughtful about it, you'll have a much better time.

9. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

Yes, Yes and Yes

10. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its best to have your first time with someone your own age and someone who has a similar amount of experience as you. That way you're not at a disadvantage and you will be less likely to be abused/used.