1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 01megz, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 01megz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks to those who posted on my last topic when I decided to come out and wanted advice about my idea of doing it. Things went fine.

My problem at the moment is more so about the aftermath and the first girl I brought back being assumed to be a girlfriend :dry: I just found it a little insulting because it might have just been a friend (and indeed was). I think what hurt more was this girl's boyfriend asking if it was just a 'casual encounter' but in a jokey way. I'm insure as to why this girl even told him about me considering we discussed whether it would be a good idea to tell housemates, and she advised me to only tell them when it came up. As her boyfriend I just don't understand why they would have to tell everything absolutely everything. Idk maybe it's just me. He's only here till Wednesday as her guest so...meh.

I told her that I just wanted some time alone at the moment to think. She asked if I was ok and told me I could always talk to her if I wanted. I just want to avoid them both, which is childish and pretty much impossible in the same house! It's just, I know if I bring it up I'll look hypersensitive and would have been given advice to bring it up at the time. It's difficult though, isn't it? I just wish I hadn't come out as a result of this and am pretty messed up about what to do :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok first of all let me just check out that I am understanding this right. You came out to your housemates and then brought a female friend back to the house and they assumed it was your girlfriend?

3. 01megz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply SilverHalo.

Yes, that's right! :slight_smile: It may seem a tad hypersensitive but it was more the boyfriend's comment about her being a 'casual encounter' :/

Also, I told the straight girl I came out to that I'm not sexually attracted to women atm...so why the date comment? I just regret the whole thing.