1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a ring? Or a mistake?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jordash

Alright so yesterday I got a ring for my girlfriend. (its a very nice one. Silver band with a Blue Topaz cascade droplet thing, anyways its nice)
    So its been about 2 weeks scents I've even kissed my girlfriend. I don't know what her problem is.....
    But anyways my question is: Was it smart to give it to her this morning? Should I have waited for like Valentines Day, I have a nice thing planned out for then but yeah...should I have waited? I just knew that I would get a kiss when I gave it to her, and I realllllllyyyy needed one.....
    What do you think? Thanks. :grin:

2. Ben

Ben

The nicest gifts are the more spontaneous ones, not weighed down by he expectations of a yearly event. And as you've given it to her already, there's no point dwelling on how things could have been different!

3. jimL

You didn't say!!! Did you get a kiss? I sure hope so. I agree with Ben spontaneity is sometimes the best thing.

4. Jordash

Hahaha yup I did! 2 of em! :slight_smile:

But She honestly didn't seem to happy about it. She kept trying to give it back to me..... :frowning2:

5. Ianthe

Rings carry more meaning in our culture than other jewelry, maybe she feels like you are asking for more commitment than she's ready for. And if she isn't out, she might feel like she'll have to explain where it came from.

She also might feel guilty about receiving gifts generally, or like it makes her somehow obligated to you.

It sounds like it might have been kind of expensive--so she might feel like it's too much.

And since you are both young, she won't have a lot of experience with receiving romantic gifts, so she might just not know how to deal with it.

You might just want to talk to her and ask her what was bothering her about it.

6. Jordash

Yeah. Your probably right, I'll just talk to her.