1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To My Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Jan 31, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So, I just started talking to my former best friend again. I wouldn't consider us best friends right now, just friends. I don't really know how to tell her I'm bisexual. It's not like other people don't know, I have told some of my friends, some people not my friends, and others saw it on my wittyprofiles. It's just with her, it's different. I feel like I can trust her completely. When I talk to her I don't even think about my sexuality, which is a relief from my usual life. But I don't want her to find out my other means.

2. Ianthe

Hi! Welcome to Empty Closets!

Just tell her honestly that she is an important friend to you, and so you want her to know that you are bisexual, and you didn't want her to find out in some other way.

It's okay that you are more worried about telling her than about some other people--it just means that her opinion matters more to you, because she's more important to you than a lot of people. And if you've just started talking again after having been not talking, you might still feel a little vulnerable about your friendship. That's perfectly natural, too.