1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Meet Other Gay/Bisexual Girls In School?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Jan 31, 2012.

1. secretguyX

I don't know any gay/bisexual girls in person. I know, i'm 13, i shouldn't be thinking of relationships, but I kind of am, and at least would like to know others. There isn't any clubs like this until high school. I mean, there probably is others in my school who are out just to friends, like i am, but i don't think anyone is openly out.

2. Koll

Bumping because I feel this deserves a bit more attention.

Something you gotta realise is most people don't come to terms with being gay, or bi, or whatever usually until at least age 15.

Not that I doubt there are people like that in your school, You'll have a hard time meeting some because of this factor. :frowning2:

Many highschools have a LGBT alliance club, in Canada they do anyway; Perhaps you could ask around and find one of those; They scream gay people. :icon_wink

3. xXPsychedelicXx

I second Koll's post. Being comfortable with your sexual orientation at 13 isn't unheard of, but it isn't very common either. I'd definitely check out highschools in your area. Do some online research. :slight_smile:

4. TraceElement

If your area has PFLAG meetings, go to one. If there are any gay coffee shops, go to them. Go where ever there is a higher gay population, and you can network and stuff.

5. secretguyX

Thanks, there is a gay straight alliance club in high school, but i can't go yet, i'm still in 8th grade. Next year i could go, although i'd have to go to the main campus after school, but i'd be a bit nervous since I don't know anyone else going.

6. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I was the same way, last year was the first year my school has had a GSA and when I got their I found alot of my friends and people I didn't expect to be their....It was a great way to get support and make friends....just relax and have fun! :slight_smile: