1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Feb 1, 2012.

1. stumble along

this is sort of a vent, not really, im not upset or anything, i just want to let other people know other than my two friends.

you guys might know im kinda falling for some guys (its like they are all an option and i switch from crushing on one to another, blech)
    i know i have no chance with the majority of them and i get that, i dont particularly care that much except that they sometimes are complete visual torture.
    but anyway, out of them all id say my chances increase ever so slightly with two, and one in particular i actually interect with on at least a weekly basis.
    we try to set up a club for a very long time now and our problem is he has an erratic scheduale (where as i have the opposite) and we cant really meet that often, but today we managed to and we were supposed to meet in the library and he then suggested that we should go somewhere "where no one is around"

my thoughts:
    stop.
    what did he just say?
    wtf did he just say
    holy crap
    is he going to try something or maybe he just said it funny
    he probably just said it funny
    yeah, whatever

my brains thoughts:

HES GOING TO TRY TO PUT THE SEX ON YOU
    *mental image of sitting down in dark place and him teling me he likes me or tries to kiss me*

sometimes i just need to turn my brain off, but we did end up sitting next to each other in the theatre (the private place, its mostly empty at lunch) up high in the dark kind of, but by 'no one else' he meant 'less people' meaning all his friends were there and i got to meet them/ say hi to some i knew and we talked about the club and i didnt make it awkward so i was pretty satisfied.

the talking left me drained, afterwards i felt light headed and worn out.

i like spending time with him, because hes the only person who gets my passion for what our club is about, and personally, yeah ill probably tell him sometime soon, but id rather keep it as friends so that way the club can actually function.

my friend wanted me to ask him to prom (no because i dont know how he feels about lgbt, meaning he could either say yes, say no and be ok with it, or say no and flip out, and like i said, club first) but im planning on asking a girl i like (need to find a way to go about it though)

if i had to say anyting i dont like about him, hes too tall and good looking and one year younger than me. makes me feel incompotent that someone younger than me is bigger than me, and the feelings breed envy and feeds my excessively competitave spirit.

sorry for any spell errors or parts that make no sense

2. stumble along

the girl that i wanted to ask out got asked out by someone else, and my friend keeps pressuring me to ask the guy im trying to be friends with to prom. i already told her no but she is persistent, anyone have any other reasons i could make to get her off my back?
    and is there a way to gauge his thoughts on lgbt? i mean he does this thing that is kind of like gymnastics and cirque de soleil put together and apparently the school has a running stereotype that the guys are gay and that the group acts as a cult so i want to assume they are OK with lgbt but i want to find out his personal preferences. i was thinking of inviting him to a GSA club my friend made that i joined but never went to any of the meetings so maybe i can invite him along and see his response? i can tempt him with something haha.

3. dreamcatcher

"he's going to the put the sex you" You have a very vivid imagination, kinda like mine :lol: Anyways, I don't think you should follow your friend's advice and ask him out. If he doesn't know you're bi and you're not close friends with him, that could potentially spell disaster. Especially since you don't know how he feels about lgbt people. I think maybe you should casually mention that you're in the gsa and see how he reacts to that. Or maybe mention some lgbt related news and try to get his opinion on it. That way you can sort of have an idea of how he will react if you do decide to come out to him.

Also try not to get your hopes up too much. Chances are this guy is straight, which definitely sucks. But remember, you're still young and there's plenty of guys and gals out there for you :slight_smile:

4. stumble along

thank you! i already tried telling her that though and she still tells me i should :/

the gsa is a bit underground, its disguised as an anti-bullying club because the school wouldnt allow it :confused:

i wish i could figure out a way to get his perspective at least.

and yeah i know this guy is going to turn out straight, hes too perfect :lol:
    i just want to get to know him more i guess :/ is that weird?

and yeah

5. dreamcatcher

No, I don't think it's weird that you want to get to know him at all. Just be careful, that he doesn't start seeming more perfect once you get to know him better :lol: Wow I can't believe your school wouldn't let you do a GSA. Too many homophobes in this world :/ As for you friend, she seems stubborn on the topic but I think it's because she just wants you to be happy :slight_smile:

Oh, I've got an idea. What if you say that as part of your club, you have to write an opinion article on how to resolve bullying. Then you can talk about bullying that's been going around and start mentioning the bullying of lgbt kids. Then you can ask him what you should write about for the paper and get his opinions on the whole topic. This involves a bit of lying but if you can pull it off.. it might work.

6. stumble along

i hope he doesnt begin to seem more perfect, i need to start finding flaws i guess haha.
    and yeah my friend keeps telling me that i am too depressed and need something to cheer me up but i dont see how being way too risky and potentialy ruining a good thing will help, i know ill have to come out to him eventually but right now doesnt seem to be the best time.

the is a really good idea! thanks!