1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh... ummm... Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Quitex, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Hi everyone!
    First of all let me tell you that my english ain't that good. hehe :icon_wink

Let me vent... this is the very first time I'm talking about this...
    I am a 16 year old teenager, I live in El Salvador (Central America) and I have a very interesting and difficult backround. I'm 16 and going to Technological University of El Salvador... yeah with 16 years of age... my Dad is 83 (Yes, 83. Had me when he was 66) and he just had a very weaking illness, just came out of the hospital. My family is very religious and they think that Being gay is a sin and therefore I dont know what to do. I have not found any gay community here in my whole country, and the only place I've seen a formal gay reunion place is a gay club which is just not the type of place I like.
    Well, I am not gay... ummm... I dont know. I've been very stressed out with my religious side of me who knows and, *shrugs* believes being gay is not good, but I have my social side who has nothing against the gay community and even consider myself as gay... then I have almost no friends and the friends I have are not my age, therefore I have no trust on them. I'm afraid to tell my Mom who doesnt live with me due to the breakdown she may have, and my Dad is very religious he would just get ill because of the news if I tell him.
    I've cried a lot during the last weeks because I dont know what to do. My family is not supportive and I dont have anyone else to lean on during this time. I am not even near independent even though I have a job and I study. Plus I dont like my body at all, I am a couch potato and I know I have to chnage it but its useless, not able to.
    This is so hard for me, I dont know if I'm even able to pull through this, can someone help me, please?:icon_sad:
    Thank you so much.

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

awww(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) we're here for u :slight_smile: and i thougth my dad was old ^_^
    Srry im no good at advices :frowning2: not much i can say :icon_sad:

3. Grof142007

First Off(*hug*) Try and relax a little Breathe (*hug*) Dont worry about telling your parents tell ur sure your self(*hug*) (&&&) BTW

WELCOME TO EC YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE

(*hug*) Hope everything goes well

4. crimsonarcher

You don't have to rush to tell your parents. Like my cousin says, it can wait.
    and also, you have a whole forum supporting you that has members all over the world!
    People are lucky to have all that support.

5. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi!

first of all...

nice to meet you!

and welcome to the EC!

well...

i'm new here too!

i have read your story...

i thought that i am the only one who suffers problem like that!

my parents are very strict and discipline...

so, i don't think they will accept a gay son...

and this whole time, i hide it from them...

and i don't think to tell them...

or, i want my butt to be kicked with spiked shoes...

so...

don't worry!

you are not alone!

i don't think we are the only one who suffers that problem...

we are supporting you!

and, sorry...

i am not a wise man that can give you any advice...

anyway...

KEEP SMILE!

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Xets....... you have found the right place to share your feelings. This will be good for you! I can sense that you are struggling alot. Now may not be a good time to come out to your dad especially since he's old, fragile, and not in good health. I don't think it's important to concentrate on how they are going to feel. What is important is coming to terms with who you are. There are alot of websites about gays and religion. I would start with soulforce. (www.soulforce.org)

Please keep coming back. I think you'll make some good friends here.

7. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Thanks everyone, I really feel like I am very welcomed here, finally that feeling :slight_smile:

I was very lost in my thoughts and you all helped me to clear my mind and order my ideas. No way its a good time, you were all right. Qevin gave me a good advice: To always smile, and Grof142007 gave me another one: Relax. Crimson is right, it can wait. And dearest Beckyg, I will review that website right away.
    Thanks everyone for taking your time to write down and answer me, you've been wonderful :slight_smile:
    ~~Xets

8. panda

Xets. You are on the right path.
    Listen to these wise people.
    Be patient.

9. Alexander

They all love you and so do we! Don't worry about telling them, the time will come eventually. :slight_smile: